turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Good ole Rockytop!

Started by Cove, April 18, 2011, 06:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cove

It was time for a weekend in Tennessee and what a great weekend it was. . . . we were able to take 3 birds despite the driving rains and gale force winds. Tennessee has some big birds too! I took my heaviest bird to date and my brother took his heaviest and longest spurs. It was an incredible trip.
My bird was a giant double beard, 11" and 4 3/4" beards, matching 1 1/8" spurs and a stout 24lb 8oz.

My brothers bird had beard rot which gave him an 8.5" beard but made it up with 1 3/8" hooked spurs. It weighed in at 22lb 1oz.

We helped out a good friend the following day take an impressive 2 year old. 10 5/8" beard, 1" spurs and 22lb 8oz. I was able to capture this hunt on film since the rain finally subsided.

Here's the group.

flydowntn

Thats some good birds. Congrats
S. P. Game Calls

njdevilsb

Congrats guys.  3 good looking birds right there.  Your bird looks huge.

Trevor2

Congrats what part if tn did ya visit
Strutstopper

Cove

Quote from: Double28 on April 18, 2011, 06:55:28 PM
No disrespect, but are you a tiny person? Or do you just always kill enormous turkeys?

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Ya know, I was wondering if folks were going to start thinking I was miniature. In reality, I'm a normal sized guy I reckon, definitely no beast but 5'9" 150-155 or so. . . . I've just been lucky enough to roll some really healthy birds the last couple weeks.  :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley:

bbcoach

Congratulations to ALL of you!!!  Those are some MONSTERS and the FANS are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Turkey Trot

That's a pretty little creek setting and rock wall.

What general region of the state was that?  

I know in the Winchester area the wind blew like hades all day Saturday and the birds were not cooperating.  
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

OLE RASPY

Ol'Mossy

Nice birds, I was thinking you were just little too  ;D

TRKYHTR

Looks like a great hunt Dave. Your turkeys fan looks enormous. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Hognutz

Very nice, Boys. That is an awesome picture with all the birds.... :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

JVA54

:icon_thumright:Congrats!!

bowhunter84

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

cannonball

Those were huge birds, congrats!