OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

MS Public Land

Started by jyoung, April 18, 2011, 02:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jyoung

I harvested this bird yesterday morning.  9 1/2 inch beard and 1 inch spurs.

Jonathan Young

Basser69

Congrats on a nice bird!  :z-guntootsmiley:

bowhunter84

NCTURKEYHUNTER

turkeykiller22

Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Ol'Mossy

Nice bird, nice pics too  :icon_thumright:

REBELYELL

Congrats on killing a smart, educated and boogered bird. Well done!

mountman62

Congrats Jonathan, them Miss public birds are tough, how many does that make this year, i got my 2 birds here in north Louisiana, hopefully leave for Kansas this week
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

socalturkeyman

Congrats! Thats a nice bird! :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

cannonball

deerhunt1988

Congrats on the bird!

MS public land birds are about as hard as they get...Especially this late in the season...

JVA54

jyoung

Quote from: mountman62 on April 18, 2011, 04:50:17 PM
Congrats Jonathan, them Miss public birds are tough, how many does that make this year, i got my 2 birds here in north Louisiana, hopefully leave for Kansas this week

Hey Jed!

I saw your pics on Bayou!  Congrats man!  God has blessed you this season and for good reasons!  You're a great person!  I hope all is well with you and your wife.  It has been a slow year for me.  Because of a change within the agency I lost a lot of my leave time so I have been a weekend warrior this year!  It SUCKS, but that's part of it.  Birds are just now starting to do right in MS.  There were several birds harvested this past weekend.  I still have KY and IN planned if work allows it.  It's been kinda busy around here.  Good luck in KS!  Keep me posted!

Thanks to everyones' post!  You guys definitely hit the nail on the head!  Public Land in the south, IMO is by far the hardest hunting you will ever do.  It is a very humbling experience, but I love the challenge.  I have heard many great turkey killers say that if you can kill a turkey on public land in the south, you can kill a turkey anywhere in the U.S. no problem! And of course it does help when you have great turkey calls and great technical turkey hunting gear in your arsenal!
Jonathan Young