OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SCORE!!!

Started by jakesdad, April 18, 2011, 01:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

After a wrong setup that put 2 gobblers 30 yds behind me instead of 30 yds in front of me,I figured the tone was set for the rest of the day.Too close,too far,wrong setup,etc.After these 2 moved into a field about 200 yds to the east and the guy there didnt shoot,I made a beeline for the truck and drove to the neighboring farm hoping these birds could be cutoff.Setup again about 8ish,one lone gobble.didnt hear anything for quite a while when landowners daughter walks down road behind me and past about 10 yds,I said "hello amy" and scared the poor girl out of her wits(she was hunting by the way).we talk for a few minutes,she moves on I figured I'd stay put,I was comfy anyway.About 945 hear a gobble about 150 yds away.Hmmmmmm,may be heade where she went.Continues to gobble like there is no tommorrow,so I let out a few pretty yelps on my box elder/titanium pot call(thanks pappy)he doubles back.wait about another 10 mins,dont say a word,hes gobblin like crazy but doesnt seem to be much closer.i cut loose with a set of yelps and cuts and its ON!!.Hes a gobblin and runnin like crazy.He pops over the rise at 40 yds struttin and gobblin lookin for his hot new love.He comes into about 20 yds and gets a face full of remington hevishot #6's outta the 20 ga 870.Time:10:08.23 lbs 1 1/8" spurs 10" beard.Great finish to the day.Post pics when wife gets home.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

stinkpickle

Hognutz

Congrats on the bird.. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

turkey slayer

Basser69

Congrats on a nice bird!  :z-guntootsmiley:

bowhunter84

Wrangler95

:anim_65:

Very nice,congrats!!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

TRKYHTR

Congrats on a great hunt.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

Trip

njdevilsb

Congrats.  Sounds like a fun hunt.

pappy

Now that is what I am talking about. Love to hear that Titanium worked for ya.....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

lmbhngr

JVA54

:icon_thumright:   Congrats!!

cannonball