turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Slate Call

Started by HeavyMetal, April 18, 2011, 11:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyMetal

needing a good slate call not in a huge hurry but who do i need to speak with on hear that is very good with slate ?

Turkey Trot

There is a bunch of good choices on here and there some good ones whose presence here I am unsure about.  Hunters are lucky to have so many choices, and the internet has opened up custom call making to new levels in recent years.

Russell Lynch's Bud N Betty Calls are some of the best and he has the awards to show it, and I have a slate from Rusell Beard of Beard Hunter that has inspired my lease members to buy them.

Those A&J Calls that pop up on the ads here look great and are priced well.  I'm tempted to order a matched set of slate and glass.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

HeavyMetal

TauntoHawk

I recently asked the same question, did some research and called a few call makers, watched some videos. For slate the David Halloran slate call was the best I heard by far, he's got a demo on his website. Lights out for aluminum

another good one were cane creek for the money
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Devastator

i would call scott hook and have him play his assassin series slate for you.im going to have his slate, aluminum and probably his glass in the vest this year.ive got the glass on the way and if it sounds half as good as the other 2 it will be!

Ol'Mossy

My buddy makes a dam good slate call, nothing fancy but it will put meat on the table and it will not cost you and arm and a leg either

bowhunter84

check out fatalattraxion.com    i have 5 or 6 of his calls and have been very pleased with every one of them :icon_thumright:

kamski1151

I've got 2 Lightsout slate calls. Wendell makes a fine call.

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

Turkey Trot

Quote from: kamski1151 on April 18, 2011, 07:05:29 PM
I've got 2 Lightsout slate calls. Wendell makes a fine call.

There is a used Lights Out with one piece striker in the call classifieds for $35, that is a good deal.

I'd also look at Pappy's Calls and talk to him.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

agturkey

Derby City makes nice calls and you can get custom work done also like a name or image put on them.  Can look at reviews on bass pro to see what others think about them.

harvester

Quote from: PaTurkHntr on April 18, 2011, 04:20:57 PM
My buddy makes a dam good slate call, nothing fancy but it will put meat on the table and it will not cost you and arm and a leg either

You gotta name or something to check out his calls.

HeavyMetal

Quote from: PaTurkHntr on April 18, 2011, 04:20:57 PM
who is your buddy how do i contact him