turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mice

Started by briancady, April 17, 2011, 10:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briancady

I have never had a mouse problem in my house before, but now I seem to be infested.  I keep finding mouse crap everywhere.  I set out a trap and got a mouse, I set it out again and got another.  It is currently set so lets see what happens.  I also put out some poisen.  Well at the Walmart today I thought I would pic up some extra traps.  Walmart was out of mouse traps.  I guess everyone is having mouse problems if Walmart runs out of traps.  Well tomorrow I am gonna find a cat I think.  Now you will have to excuse me while I go wash all the counters and dishes again. 

FttFttVroom!

I feel for you man, my last place I rented before I got married and bought a house has mouse probs.  I would be sitting there watching tv and would see them scurry around the corner.  Sometimes they would just pop out and look and me, like they were saying hi.  I bought a low power pellet gun and put a couple out of commission that way.  It was good entertainment  ;D

3.5inchpainfulldeath

that's how I hunt on the off season... lol... we live in the mountains and has lot's of mice.  Little suckers can get in anywhere.

Bonjour

Find out how they are getting in and put some steel wool in the hole. Mice won't chew steel wool for some reason. Peanut butter works great in traps too. I wouldn't use poison in the house though, because when they start dieing somewhere, they will stink bad. Make sure that all food is sealed up tight, and once they realize that there is nothing to eat, they will eventually leave.

HogBiologist

Instead of a BB gun, get a blow dart gun.  Have some fun with them.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

longspur

Woodsman4God

Hi Brian

It only takes 1 pregnant female mouse to get in your house in any way shape or form and you could have bred a small family ( small being a relative term) happened where I grew up and we caught 11 mice in just under 48 hours once. it happens pretty quickly nad if you dont realize it right away, you could end up catching many before the problem subsides, bonjour is right put peanut butter on trap and warm it with a match or lighter to get it stinking and it works like a magnet,they are slippery too they might not always set off the trap or get caught in it if they do. Good luck

bowhunter84

Quote from: LaBiologist on April 17, 2011, 11:09:54 PM
Instead of a BB gun, get a blow dart gun.  Have some fun with them.
my buddy rented a place before he got married that had quite a few mice in it. we would shoot them with blow guns. it was kinda fun

Hognutz

Go to the hardware store and buy some of those black plastic traps that you can put the chunk bait in. The mouse actually crawls inside, eats, and then he leaves and dies. They work the best. Do not buy the De-Con pellets. The mice take them back to their nests or wherever, and hoard it. they do not eat most of it. It looks like they are eating it, because it's gone every other day. I tried the trapping and always had mice in the fall. I put 5 or 6 of those black triangular traps inside and out, and haven't had a mouse in 6 moths or more. These are the ones that the exterminators use. Trust me on this one..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.