turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Smith Co. Tennessee bird #2

Started by peytoncreekhunter, April 17, 2011, 05:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peytoncreekhunter

I had a Longbeard come in on me this morning about 8. He was gobbling and strutting. I couldn't shoot because he was to my right just a little and my gun was pointed straight in front of me. He turned and started walking left which was ging to put him right out in front of me at about 20 yds. I had a fallen tree that he was going to walk behind and I thought when he clears it I'll take the shot. Well, that ole redhead cleared the fallen tree and I took the shot.

What I didn't know was that a Jake had come up behind the fallen tree and he is the one that walked out first. I saw the Longbeard fly straight up at the shot (he was still behind the fallen tree) and fly away.

Jake had a 3 1/2 inch beard, nubs and weighed 14 lbs. Look at the birds tail, it is full on one side and just short on the other. Being a Jake I thought it would be short on both sides.

I got to use the Turkey Tote that I made yesterday with the antler of a buck that I shot off the farm. It worked good, I had to shorten the cord a little to keep the bird from bouncing off my legs.

nctrkyhntr

BigHooks

Good looking bird, that's the same co. I hunt plasentshad do u know were it is..

cannonball

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

gatrapper

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Ol'Mossy

harvester

JVA54

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

bowhunter84

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69