turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

questions about diaphram calls.

Started by Fox Fire, April 17, 2011, 12:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox Fire

After a call has been in your mouth for a while it changes the sound, I guess from the tempature & be'n saturated, some will change faster than others but thay all do.
Question...what would ya'll consider the sound the maker intended it to sound like, fresh outta the package or after its been in your mouth for a while and it changes? ( my guess is just outta the package)

Question...does it change because the saliva actually penatrates the laytex or gets between the reeds and they cant do ther job propperly?

I think its kinda self explanatory but figured ther mite be another reason, just curious.

Houndstooth Game Calls

I have noticed while building mouth calls and playing with reed stretchs and reed spacing you vary the roll over of the call! In other words I have made some calls that wouldnt roll over and keep yelping on them and then they sound like a million bucks only to take them to the woods pull them out and they want roll over in the yelp. So in other words once the reeds warm up the call sounds correct only to pull the call out of your pouch in the woods the reeds are cool. Thats why reed spacing is a big deal in the running of the call> Just my opinion>

Lyle

TRKYHTR

Quote from: Fox Fire on April 17, 2011, 12:10:28 AM
After a call has been in your mouth for a while it changes the sound, I guess from the tempature & be'n saturated, some will change faster than others but thay all do.
Question...what would ya'll consider the sound the maker intended it to sound like, fresh outta the package or after its been in your mouth for a while and it changes? ( my guess is just outta the package)

Question...does it change because the saliva actually penatrates the laytex or gets between the reeds and they cant do ther job propperly?

I think its kinda self explanatory but figured ther mite be another reason, just curious.

You are correct. The latex will absorb moisture and that will change the consistancy of the call.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck