OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Current quality of Lonnie Sneed pot calls?

Started by raven105, February 05, 2018, 09:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoors

THERE IS OR WAS SOME ISSUES WITH THE QUALITY OF THE CALL ..
INSTEAD OF CONCENTRAT ON A GOOD QUALITY CALL
THEY WHERE JUST SLAPPING M TOGETHER
I HAVE A FEW OF HIS CALLS FROM YEARS AGO AND I CAN SEE THE DEGRADING WORK DECLINEING
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

chuckward

The grandson posted on Facebook a while back, headed to the shop to make calls. He posted it several times, even like he'd been building calls all night. I have some of his calls and like them, but if it walks like a duck!

WV Ridge Reaper

Nah he just sloops the glue on and write poems on em..Piss poor ordeal glad I got my calls years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shatcher

Ok folks.  I talked to Lonnie at length about 10 days ago and he was a delight to talk to.  I ordered an Outlaw Hen, which I received today.  Is there some glue visible?  Yep.  The man is 82 years old and doing what he loves!  Most of us on here will be toes up at 82.  My sense is that there just might be some jealous call makers on here.  I can live with  a little glue.  The call plays lights out!

Bowguy

Quote from: shatcher on March 14, 2018, 09:42:57 PM
Ok folks.  I talked to Lonnie at length about 10 days ago and he was a delight to talk to.  I ordered an Outlaw Hen, which I received today.  Is there some glue visible?  Yep.  The man is 82 years old and doing what he loves!  Most of us on here will be toes up at 82.  My sense is that there just might be some jealous call makers on here.  I can live with  a little glue.  The call plays lights out!
This is a ridiculous post. Not one call maker responded.  Insinuating this nonsense makes me suspect this could be a smokescreen.

shatcher

Calling it a smokescreen is ridiculous.  We're states away.  You're obviously not a very compassionate person.  Oh well, you know what they say about opinions!

Bowguy

Quote from: shatcher on March 15, 2018, 07:28:57 AM
Calling it a smokescreen is ridiculous.  We're states away.  You're obviously not a very compassionate person.  Oh well, you know what they say about opinions!
y
What does states away have to do w outright assumptious lies? Listen the guy is older. The op wanted opinions. Some guys still like his calls. It is what it is. You can buy and like whatever you want. Misleading someone is the problem. Not the man who made the calls. Saying I am not compassionate isn't correct either.
Let's put this another way. Compassion for a man does not include lying about something. The man is a legend. He made calls guys like. Whether that's past tense or not isn't up to me. I'm not buying them. Saying not what I've seen or ran and saying nothing would be almost a lie too. I'm trying to persuade no one, just expressing what I've encountered. Obviously the problems aren't limited to the calls I've run and seen as expresssed in this post.
I for one like fit and finish to be on the money. Lots of makers do that. I like the sound to be a certain way. Lots of guys do both. I personally say better. That's my opinion. And they do it for now the same or sometimes less. That'd be a fact. Does that mean lack of compassion or outright truth to the other members that work hard and could be older too???

WV TURKEY THUG

Anyone order from him recently? Was thinking about getting a outlaw hen but after reading this post not quite sure if I will place a order. I bought a hot hen a few years ago from him and its pure turkey.

HFultzjr

Quote from: WV TURKEY THUG on April 21, 2018, 02:38:45 PM
Anyone order from him recently? Was thinking about getting a outlaw hen but after reading this post not quite sure if I will place a order. I bought a hot hen a few years ago from him and its pure turkey.

I have an older one (cover, signature, etc.) I'll let you have it for $900.00 + shipping.
LOL............ :funnyturkey:

raven105

In terms of sound, the calls that I ordered in February were pure turkey and the Toms loved it. The Outlaw Hen is the first call out of my vest... and my vest is heavy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idratherb

griffman

the last calls I ordered from Lonnie were 2-3 years ago and I bought 6 outlaw hens as gifts for my kids and friends.  They were perfect.  I also spent several hours on the phone with Lonnie telling him my first Tom shot with a bow was brought in using his outlaw hen. I have other calls I like to use more often but that outlaw hen stays in my vest/pack the entire season. I have to believe even if he's peripherally involved, the calls will continue to be outstanding.  I hate to hear anything negative associated with Lonnie's name or calls as he is one of the finest gentleman around.   If you ever get the chance to talk to him, you will understand he cares tremendously about his calls. 

model94

Blake, That is not an acceptable response. He should  have offered to look at the call after the season if you could not get it to sound right. I have his Outlaw Hen and his Hot Hen that I purchased in 2015. I like them, but if he does stand behind his work that will be my last purchase from him. I WAS going to purchase his Cermanic Call, but now I have 2nd thoughts.

chbarnha

he doesn't make the ceramic call anymore

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

Snoodsniper

I'd say the quality is just fine..longbeards absolutely love this call.