OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which rubber boot?

Started by Gobble!, January 19, 2018, 08:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Looking to get a new pair of rubber boots. I'd like to find a pair in new bottomland. I've found the LaCrosse 4X Alpha and the Irish Setter Rutmaster. I had the Under Armor HAWG boots and they only lasted 2 seasons. Would be nice to have a pair that lasted a bit longer. I've never owned a LaCrosse or Irish Setter boot. Any recommendations?

MK M GOBL

Don't know about the camo but my Mucks are great rubber boots!

MK M GOBL

LaLongbeard

I've worn the uninsulated lacrosse grange boots for all my hunting from deer to squirrels. If you don't stuff them between the bed and cab of your truck and let them bake in the sun all summer they last awhile I'm wearing the same pair for 10 years. They are not warm in winter and they will be hot in summer but if you need water proof up to the knee and light weight these are it. I have the original green color but they do sell the Bottomland version ... but after seeing a couple of pics of the Bottomland version they look to have a shine to them. I would stick with the green.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

tracker#1

2x the Lacrosse Grange...Cabelas has also bottomland and where on sale last month. Check to see any left, I have of those to and they are comfortable

southern_leo

Rutmaster hands down. I love mine. The soles are as comfy as tennis shoes. The ankle fits a bit tighter so no slipping around which I like. I've considered buying the insulated ones as well. Right now i have the non insulated and just wear sock layers during deer. I suggest you go to a store and try both on. I spent about an hour in BPS trying on all the top rubber boots. As soon as I stood up in the rutmaster I knew these were it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Check with cabelas. Their stuff has a lifetime warranty. Bought one pair. They wore in the backs some. They replaced them free of charge. On my second season with the second pair and loving them. Did get a pair of the lacrosse bottomland boots too tho. Like them but not as much as my cabelas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

i like bogs

until i bought a pair of legendary whitetail rubber boots this year for deer season, there made in there own came and built by wolverine you talking about warm warmest boots ive ever wore and breath as well. extremely comfortable but heavy. probaly too much boot for turkey hunting so i say bogs

Chris O

I like the green lacrosse burly with air grip soles They usually last a few seasons . I had one pair for probably 10 years. After they get wore out I cut them off short for slip ons

TheSportsman

Wigsplitter

Plain uninsulated lacrosse have lasted way better than most other brands for me . Price sure has slipped up lately but there is not a better walking boot imo.

captpete

As with most things they have made rubber boots cheaper. I had a pair of Cabelas that I wore for 7-8 years before I ripped them on a partially buried barb wire fence. The next pair lasted about 4yrs before coming apart. My last pair only lasted 2yrs. My buddy has had pretty much the same history with LaCrosse Apha Burly boots.

dirt road ninja

Lacrosse Grange, hands down

blackmagic

Ive got several years on my Lacrosse Alpha snake boots.  As soon as these give out, I'll be getting another pair.  But i hunt in snake infested jungle swamps.

FullChoke

Muck Field Blazers. They are as comfortable as a pair of sneakers.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

ccleroy

Lacrosse Grange, best all around boot ever made!