turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Super Bowl question

Started by chrisun, February 05, 2018, 10:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisun

I never meant to stir up such emotion everyone, I apologize. I was simply curious if it was simply tradition that kept the super bowl on Sunday, and if others felt it should be played on Saturday. If I could get assistance from a moderator on deleting this post I would appreciate it. I am not sure how to delete it.
John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

GobbleNut

Saturday, Sunday,...or any day of the week.  If it is turkey season, I will be out in MY church (the woods) with a call and gun in hand,...exalting in the universe around me in the manner I believe it should be exalted.  That is my belief,...and it is as valid as any other as far as I can tell. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you",....other than that, believe and do what you want,...no matter what day it is.  Regardless, we are all going to end up in the same place.
Now, let's get ready for turkey season! :angel9:

Gobspur

OP - no harm, no foul and no reason to have thread deleted IMO.  Everyone was just giving their opinions, of which some include religious beliefs.  As usual, this is a first class forum and we respect each other.

My thoughts on your question - I think it is like some others said - money, basically due to TV ratings.  Sunday evening ratings have almost always been higher than Saturday evening, even for other TV shows.  I think that is why most of the games are played on Sunday and the dates are set in advance based on starting labor day weekend?  But as I recall, your thoughts on changing it to a Saturday super bowl is discussed almost every year.  Think they even started a presidential petition one time IIRC correctly.

Cut N Run

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 05, 2018, 03:00:02 PM
Saturday, Sunday,...or any day of the week.  If it is turkey season, I will be out in MY church (the woods) with a call and gun in hand,...exalting in the universe around me in the manner I believe it should be exalted.  That is my belief,...and it is as valid as any other as far as I can tell. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you",....other than that, believe and do what you want,...no matter what day it is.  Regardless, we are all going to end up in the same place.
Now, let's get ready for turkey season! :angel9:

^^This^^ 100%

Better yet, why don't we have a National Holiday the day after the Super Bowl?  Millions of people call in sick or blow off work all together that day anyway.  It could be used as a day to be constructive or give back to the community (which we should be doing anyway) for the betterment of the country.  Some people could also use the day to clean up after the party. Just Sayin'

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

idratherb

dejake

I assure you, we are all NOT going to end up in the same place.

BottomLand54

Quote from: dejake on February 06, 2018, 10:08:26 AM
I assure you, we are all NOT going to end up in the same place.
Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk