turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cody Spec 1

Started by rbreedi1, January 17, 2018, 07:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbreedi1

Possible trade for Corder Glass or Aluminum or Platz Glass.. seeing what's out there.

how to upload photos in internet

Thunder Ridge Totes

jbennett

rbreedi1

Thunder Ridge Totes

PALongspur

idratherb

you wont see mine in the classifieds

Swab21

yelpy

There's a call I would like to have but got nothing to trade you.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Britton40

What's the sound on these like?  High, medium pitch ?

compton30

Quote from: Britton40 on January 18, 2018, 08:09:21 PM
What's the sound on these like?  High, medium pitch ?

Unrelated to this call, but I feel like every pot described on here is "medium-high pitch" regardless of surface or maker lol

3bailey3

Compton I totally disagree, I don't have this Cody pot but have more than 30 pots and I have traded away a few more and every one had a different sound, some very clean and some very raspy and a bunch in between! I carry 5 in my vest that all sound better than medium high!

Britton40

I was hoping it wasn't "medium-high"

compton30

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 18, 2018, 10:47:26 PM
Compton I totally disagree, I don't have this Cody pot but have more than 30 pots and I have traded away a few more and every one had a different sound, some very clean and some very raspy and a bunch in between! I carry 5 in my vest that all sound better than medium high!

I'm necessarily saying it's true, it just seems like I always see the pitch described as "medium high" when a call maker lists one. Of course it's all subjective to a person's ear.

rbreedi1

Bringing this back up.. not traded yet.
Thunder Ridge Totes

rbreedi1

Thunder Ridge Totes

2nd 100

I have to say Bill's pot calls were the first pot calls to bring the truely high pitch to the market.  I have 3 green monster spec 1 's ( green glass) all below #137 and screamers they are !  I hunt a slate and glass Cody II and they go everywhere I go . at around $45 they are a bargain with essentially the same sound as a World Class or Spec I in sound , thats a $175 call that I would PANIC if Isat on or left beside a tree in another state. Yes I am partial to his calls he taught me to run pot calls in Atlanta in 1996 (i think it was ) at the Nationals. But alot of turkeys have died since then , with his and other great pot calls made by Supreme , Halloran and Woodhaven. Bill was just first with the sound ......