OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

T/C Encore

Started by AC 870, January 29, 2018, 11:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC 870

Anybody turkey hunting with one? How you like it? I'm on verge of getting a T/C in. 7-08 and thought I might look for a turkey barrel while I'm at it.

mightyjoeyoung

If I didn't have so many other guns, I would own an Encore and a host of barrels and stocks exclusively.   I LOVE me TCs.  Pistol (my first encore purchase), rifle, shotgun.  Even muzzle loader.  I can hunt literally ANYTHING that walks North America, including the great bears, and likely most other critters anywhere else.  I own all Pre-S&W frames and barrels and won't buy anything but custom shop iron since the buyout.  Just not the same quali2, fit and finish anymore.   That said, if you decide to go Encore, you'll be happy.  ALL my barrels shoot 1/2 moa or better.  Even my .444 Marlin pistol bbl will shoot a ragged 3 shot hole at 100 yards.  My prohunter 20 gauge turkey bbl did take some trial and error to get it to pattern well.  Went through 5 or 6 chokes/load combos until I found the  one I liked.  It still won't pattern like my 870 20, but a gobbler 40 and in is on the ground. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

BottomLand54

I have a 20 gauge t/c encore pro hunter. It shoots excellent. Mine shoots wicked patterns with a .575 extended non porter Carlson and federal heavyweight 7s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haystaddle

I've hunted with mine for 10 yrs or more. It now sports a Vortex Venom, Pure Gold .660 choke and spits out an amazing pattern with Longbeard 6's. Very light, easy to carry. Only negative is the recoil with turkey loads will knock you into next week.

paintbrush

Love mine! By far and away my favorite turkey gun. Light and very easy to maneuver in the woods. I got the 12 ga. barrel first and liked it so much I picked up a 20 ga. barrel. That 12 does buck a bit with a 3" turkey load. Never notice it tho when giving a turkey a dirt nap. ;D 

mrlongbeard

I hunt with an Encore with a muzzleloading shotgun barrel. It patterns unbelievably at 35 yards.

Tennessee Lead

I hope to add a shotgun barrel to mine someday had it for 20 years

Trax

I just ordered a T/C Pro Hunter in 20 gauge yesterday.
Excited for it to arrive.

What's been everyone's experience with the stock turkey choke?
Should I just go ahead and order something else?

Planning to shoot TSS with it.

BottomLand54

I don't know about tss, but I do know with federal heavyweight 7s mine liked a Carlson non ported .575

I ordered a eabco Mount from author brown made specifically for that Gun and mounted a Burris ff3 on mine.