turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Halloran Call

Started by rbreedi1, January 16, 2018, 04:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

he seem very hit or miss, i know last year someone posted a thread about a negative experience with getting a hold of him and getting an order filled. I called him the same week got him on the phone first try, we chatted and he made me some custom mouth calls to different specs than his online offerings and I had em the week after that.

I will give him this, everything I've ever tried that he built has been absolutely turkey I don't think I've had one miss from pots, strikers, mouth calls, or box. Is he extremely busy and lacking in the customer service dept yeah sounds like it but some guys you just have to understand and plan accordingly.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

vabeardhunter

Also have never had a problem. Have a few different calls, and always had a positive experience. I believe most of my contact was through email though.

VA_Birdhunter

David makes some killer calls!!  I've owned his crystal mistress since they first come out 6-7 yrs ago I believe....it's in my vest every spring and gets a lot of use! I'm sure this one will be another home run!!

God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Swab21

I will agree that he makes good sounding calls and he is a nice guy to talk with. I have dealt with him a lot in the past and had great service . But I agree with some of the bad customer service, I am still waiting on a call he said he had ready to ship, I paid for it up front and have had to follow up several times. It's been 5 weeks now of back and forth emails, still no call in the mail yet.  ???

Footballer

He's actually been pretty responsive lately. He's building me a call I'm super excited about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbreedi1

Quote from: Footballer on January 20, 2018, 10:23:58 AM
He's actually been pretty responsive lately. He's building me a call I'm super excited about.

What you getting?
Thunder Ridge Totes

tracker#1

I second that, never had a issue, always nice to me, great service, 24 year old daughter killed a nice, over worked, 3 year old Tom with his Crystal Mistress at 5:50 am, May 28th, NY...she thinks his calls are great, got back home in time for breakfast !

Bowguy

I never had a problem w him. Never personally knew anyone had a problem w him cept for a bit longer time than stated originally. Guy has a life besides calls. Many makers are way longer or actually don't ever call ya back. Amazing to me Halloran gets all the slack. His calls are good. Yea his customer service could be a little more prompt. Order accordingly than.

Footballer

Quote from: rbreedi1 on January 20, 2018, 07:43:51 PM
Quote from: Footballer on January 20, 2018, 10:23:58 AM

What you getting?

I'll post it up if/when I get it

fountain2

David is a great guy and has several new style calls coming out this year.   Looking forward to seeing them all in person

vt35mag

His website has been updated for 2018 if you guys didn't know.

I ordered his new laminate/green slate, ebony striker (not sure what kind), ceramic, and Macassar Ebony over Black Limba short box.

Waiting to hear back regarding a custom pot request.

Hunter1979

I asked David when I ordered my laminate slate, and he said the striker was macassar ebony, so I bought one too!

Curious what other new pots he may have coming out?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

vt35mag

Quote from: Hunter1979 on January 30, 2018, 03:12:18 PM
he said the striker was macassar ebony

Well, guess I am going to have two now.

TalksToTurkeys

Just a heads up. After reading this thread I ordered a crystal mistress from Hallorans website and received it in 6 days. I'm happy with that service, I wouldn't hesitate ordering another call from him.

870BkWht

I ordered his new zebra poplar peru walnut laminate slate today. Im looking forward to seeing it come in the mail so i can hear it.