turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New 20 ga semi auto

Started by CrustyRusty, January 22, 2019, 02:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrustyRusty

I have 1k to spend on a new shotgun.  I already have an 870 Camo youth set up the way Ilike it but was thinking of picking up a semi.  I've never owned a semi in 20 before so this is peaking my interest.  So, what would you guys suggest?  Make, model and barrel length and choke ideas as well...thanks.

mrclif

Benelli M2 or Franchi Affinity in that order. Some will say they're the same but I've had both and prefer the M2(edit you may exceed your budget going with M2)

kwild835

If for strictly turkey hunting, then hands down sa20 turkey thug.  22" chrome lined barrel, gas operated(no benelli click), and light as a feather.  Use extra cash for Ff3 and base.
I have had and  used Affinity, M2, and SX3.  They are all great guns, but not worth double the price and def not worth triple the price in the case of the M2.  If you are just wanting an auto 20 turkey gun.

Gog1015

I really like the Remington 11-87 compact. Low recoil and It can be adjusted to work for both adults and youth, and you will be well under budget.

SSCsnood

I just picked up a weatherby sa-08 with the 24" barrel. It's a great feeling little gun and I highly recommend giving them a look. I got the gun new for around $500 and have a sumtoy choke on order. Have only patterned through the stock chokes so far, it's a straight shooting little gun though.

Brwndg

Quote from: Gog1015 on January 22, 2019, 02:44:55 PM
I really like the Remington 11-87 compact. Low recoil and It can be adjusted to work for both adults and youth, and you will be well under budget.

Second the vote for the 11-87 Compact. Andd tons of money left over for dipping, ammo, chokes, optics!!!
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Gog1015

I forgot to mention I got my 1187 in mossy oak break up so did not have to dip.

davisd9

One that will shoot bead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

CrustyRusty

davisd9

Quote from: CrustyRusty on January 22, 2019, 09:21:06 PM
??

Quote from: davisd9 on January 22, 2019, 07:42:58 PM
One that will shoot bead

One that does not need a sight to correct poa

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeyfever

I will second the Mossberg SA 20 Turkey thug! It's the first 20 gauge I went to when I took the plunge. Comes with fiber optic sights but is also drilled and tapped with the rail thrown in! The gun will flat out shoot with a Carlson's .575 and Federal Tss #9! I have also shot Federal HW #7 and it patterns great but it has been discontinued. The gun is so light you want even know it's with you!

tree-rat sniper

I love my Franchi Affinity, light as a feather & inertia system.  Have a Jebs Headhunter & a Carlson .575 that both pattern well.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!