OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Osceola Public Turkey Hunting

Started by chmcpherson, January 22, 2018, 04:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chmcpherson

Anyone had any luck hunting Osceola's on public land?

g8rvet

Lots of friends down south that kill their two every year.  Some on the first weekend.  Then the aggravating dudes come up here and hunt MY easterns!  ;)
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

guesswho

Killed them regular from 1965 to about 2000.   I don't go back much anymore.   I can say it's a bit more crowded now vs late 60's and 70's.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ddturkeyhunter

Yes you can, not the easest because your hunting for the spot to hunt to kill that bird in. Been there in 2009 first year no bird. in 2010 got first Osceola, then in 2013 got one. In 2016 got two and going back down again this year, have to learn the land. Very crowed in 2016 187 huters through gate open day 7 birds shot,second day 144 hunters 3 birds shot one was mine. then tappers off during week by next sat 88 hunters two birds, still the birds are pressured. so you have to hunt pressured birds. This is just one of a bunch of managements. But I hear all get hit hard, there birds there but hard to get to come out of the thick swamps. I going back down there this year again not only to hunt turkeys but because of a great bunch of people down there, there nice to you when they figure out there are some nice Yankie's from the north out there.