OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pot Call Suggestions

Started by Swab21, January 03, 2018, 04:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swab21

Now that Deer season is over I have found myself in between days that I am not duck hunting, looking through all my turkey calls more and more. I noticed that I have nine Crystal calls, one slate and one glass call, For some reason I seem to favor Crystal. I would like to expand my collection. I would like some input on some quality pots that I should check out, Maker, wood combo, playing surface, etc.. All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks, Swab

owego

http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/turkey-calls/rolling-thunder-double-glass/   This is 2nd best selling call Corian Pot double glass. Watch my 27 informative videos on all my 20 different pot calls & how to condition a pot call.   http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/turkey-calls/wet-one-double-glass/   this is my #1 selling call Wet-One double glass , I sell 600 of these every yr. & make 300 Private Label for another call co.

Browning87

The easiest and best sound pot call I have is a cedar green slate over glass from Brad Roberts. I'm running it with a 2pc dymondwood striker and I also like a hickory striker on it. Very versatile call, sounds a lot like glass but plays easy like slate

Brandon

rbreedi1

Get a good aluminum.. Jimmy Schaffer makes a good one. Lon Trice also makes a killer aluminum as mentioned above, stoned or anodized.
Thunder Ridge Totes

Ericbrooks

Yingling copper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMBOSTC

dejake

Bowguy

The Halloran ceramic and Lonzo stoned are good calls. Don't forget Dawkins stoned too. If I had to choose only one call though it'd prob be one of my Schafer aluminums. They've been really really good to me.
Now Mark Cornelious and Dustin Jones make some awesome aluminum calls too. Leaning toward aluminum as you didn't mention having any plus it's a great surface. My favorite actually. Just makes birds gobble.

SwampRooster17

I just got a aluminum over aluminum in sapele pot from jimmy and it's a screamer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop1082

I'll echo the Lonzo stoned aluminum pots as well as a Dawkins stoned. Lonzo in acrylic and Dawkins in plastic are both as strong as it gets not to mention weather proof. I'm a huge fan of Jimmy Schaffer's aluminums as well. Just got a Redheart/Zebrawood Alum/Glass from him that is outstanding and his Sapele Alum/Alum, and Atomic 13 are right up at the top as well. If you favor crystal so much as a playing surface I actually think glass is a pretty good complement as far as a different sound and similar surface goes. Guys like Lon Trice, Brad Roberts, TJ Johnson, Al and Josh Shoemaker, and Mark Cornelius make great glass calls.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

MK M GOBL

I seem to run more slate than anything, and I have had great success with my Cody World Class Slate for the last 20 years and this last year a friend bought me a Cody "SPEC I" Legend and this call sings like no other :)

Like I say... I don't look for pretty, I look for performance.

MK M GOBL

M,Yingling

got your pm this morning all i got at moment ,, can help u out on one or 2 just let me know

copper ceramic  slate titanium crystal

lots sounds here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB6UxOSgHc6At6K63WpvpFg

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

pauld

I'm not going to sit here and try to tell you to get one from me. I approach these questions as I approach any question from somebody interested in a call.

What sound do you like? What are you wanting out of this call? Higher pitch, something a little more throaty, good rasp or a cleaner sound? There a LOT of options out there and something that'll fit you perfect. With the different woods and surfaces available work with a call maker that works with you to fit you perfect for your call. That's the great thing about custom call makers. Lots of ability to build something that fits you perfect.

Paul B. Durham

Chris O

Quote from: pauld on January 03, 2018, 08:43:01 PM
I'm not going to sit here and try to tell you to get one from me. I approach these questions as I approach any question from somebody interested in a call.

What sound do you like? What are you wanting out of this call? Higher pitch, something a little more throaty, good rasp or a cleaner sound? There a LOT of options out there and something that'll fit you perfect. With the different woods and surfaces available work with a call maker that works with you to fit you perfect for your call. That's the great thing about custom call makers. Lots of ability to build something that fits you perfect.

Paul B. Durham

Great advice  Paul I have calls from a few of the guys listed and I have several different surfaces. I really like copper and titanium surfaces for metal and I really like slate calls and I think they run the easiest. I also have a few anodized aluminum calls and I think they are the most finicky. I think they sound great but tend to squeak out of the blue.All of my anodized calls have a spot sanded off and that is where I play them it makes them a lot more user friendly. The old green anodized grips strikers much better.