only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many are switching to TSS ?

Started by Gamblinman, December 29, 2017, 03:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Quote from: Happy on January 23, 2018, 05:56:04 PM
So were crossbows. Without permits anyways

Do not hunt with a crossbow but to my knowledge it has never been illegal in SC. Could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

owlhoot

Quote from: the Ward on January 23, 2018, 05:35:10 PM
Quote from: owlhoot on January 23, 2018, 03:33:40 PM
What the ammunition companies offer by then ?
Guys I hope for the sport that this is enough!
But obviously it won't be that .
The ammo companies will have depleted uranium fletchette loads by then. But the E.P.A will require the use of bio-degradable pellets made from bubblegum starting in California in 2020.Nationwide by 2024. The Government will require them to be only fired from a spring loaded air shotgun. For the children. And the environment. Lol!
lmbo
the depleted uranium is 19.1  tss is a lousy 18 :OGturkeyhead:
It will have to be sugarless gum!

the Ward

Quote from: owlhoot on January 23, 2018, 06:02:36 PM
Quote from: the Ward on January 23, 2018, 05:35:10 PM
Quote from: owlhoot on January 23, 2018, 03:33:40 PM
What the ammunition companies offer by then ?
Guys I hope for the sport that this is enough!
But obviously it won't be that .
The ammo companies will have depleted uranium fletchette loads by then. But the E.P.A will require the use of bio-degradable pellets made from bubblegum starting in California in 2020.Nationwide by 2024. The Government will require them to be only fired from a spring loaded air shotgun. For the children. And the environment. Lol!
lmbo
the depleted uranium is 19.1  tss is a lousy 18 :OGturkeyhead:
It will have to be sugarless gum!
Lol! :fud:

BottomLand54

Hunt a turkey with a rifle?

Wow I never knew that was legal anywhere I need to get out more.

Why would anyone want to shoot a turkey with a rifle I'm probaly about to get blasted on this.

Happy

Don't want to derail this thread but yes there are states.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

owlhoot

Quote from: BottomLand54 on January 23, 2018, 06:23:15 PM

Why would anyone want to shoot a turkey with a rifle I'm probaly about to get blasted on this.

It is all up to the users personal limits.
They keep advancing the shotgun ammunition and it might not be much difference..

wvmntnhick

Quote from: BottomLand54 on January 23, 2018, 06:23:15 PM

They're legal here. Last year was the first year that I hunted solely with a shotgun. This year, that likely will not be the case. People may complain all they like but I personally prefer the feel of a rifle to shotgun. Not real certain the difference in guys bragging about shooting birds at distance with a shotgun vs shooting them at the same distance or closer with a rifle. All depends on personal preference. Lead, TSS, rifle. Makes no matter to me, nor should it matter to others. Hunt as you like.

Tomfoolery

The reason I'm glad rifles aren't legal here is #1 to me it takes the hunt out. #2 I may have a chance of surviving getting shot by a shotgun. Not many people want to set behind a decoys with people running through the woods with a rifle.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Tomfoolery on January 24, 2018, 07:02:58 PM
The reason I'm glad rifles aren't legal here is #1 to me it takes the hunt out. #2 I may have a chance of surviving getting shot by a shotgun. Not many people want to set behind a decoys with people running through the woods with a rifle.
I agree a person with a rifle turkey hunting on the ground is a lot different from a guy deer hunting from a treestand..This is very scary .... In our state during deer season you have to wear orange..what about states that allow turkey hunting with rifles ?

owlhoot

Missouri has a shot size of no larger than number 2 shot. lead was mainly used at  the time this came in effect. The regulations were for safety in the turkey woods and was said to cause fatalities  . I would wonder what size tss would have the same energy?

Greg Massey

Quote from: owlhoot on January 24, 2018, 08:47:00 PM
Missouri has a shot size of no larger than number 2 shot. lead was mainly used at  the time this came in effect. The regulations were for safety in the turkey woods and was said to cause fatalities  . I would wonder what size tss would have the same energy?
I'm just guessing 7.5 would be close to 2 shot in Tss

BottomLand54

Yeah go in in the dark and set up decoys on edge of field and at daylight Man shoots at your decoy on other side of field 200 yards away with a 7mag..... no thank you.  Could you imagine shooting a turkey with a 30-06 at 20 yards lol.

owlhoot

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 24, 2018, 09:00:31 PM
Quote from: owlhoot on January 24, 2018, 08:47:00 PM
I just guessing 7.5 would be close to 2 shot in Tss
Dang! Turkey loads are getting scary enough .

wvmntnhick

Never been bothered by the prospect of rifles personally. I've had birds shot by others with rifles as they were coming in. All just part of the game in a state that allows it. The vast majority of the birds I've shot with rifles have still been within shotgun range. With the advent of TSS, it reduces the number even more considering the distance guys talk about shooting with it. 40 yards is 40 yards. Weapon makes no difference if u want to keep the hunt in it. Not going to sit here and say they've all been at 40 and under but I'd bet that there's plenty of guys using shotguns that have a hard time saying the same. Not trying to continue fanning a possible fire here. Just different strokes...

Greg Massey

Quote from: wvmntnhick on January 24, 2018, 09:13:17 PM
Never been bothered by the prospect of rifles personally. I've had birds shot by others with rifles as they were coming in. All just part of the game in a state that allows it. The vast majority of the birds I've shot with rifles have still been within shotgun range. With the advent of TSS, it reduces the number even more considering the distance guys talk about shooting with it. 40 yards is 40 yards. Weapon makes no difference if u want to keep the hunt in it. Not going to sit here and say they've all been at 40 and under but I'd bet that there's plenty of guys using shotguns that have a hard time saying the same. Not trying to continue fanning a possible fire here. Just different strokes...

I don't think your fanning any fire, i think your giving us a different perspective on how a person rifle hunts. I would be scared that some people wouldn't hunt in a safe manor regardless a rifle hunter or anyone shooting any kind of turkey loads , it doesn't have to be just Tss shot... i respect your comments...