OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cabelas Tact Tat'r 2---Thoughts or Reviews?

Started by gatrapper, April 15, 2011, 04:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allchokedup

I have one and love it. It has plenty of pockets to carry just about anything you need. The seat is also super. Its well made too. The only thing I would have added would be a shell holder. The Limbhanger vest is a good one too. Good luck.

bow junkie

I have had mine for 2 or 3 seasons now. When I buy something I only look at the negative comments. This is a great vest and only have three features that I would like to have, but the third is just being a little picky.
1. Dedicated water bladder holder with water tuber holder on front of shoulder strap.
2. Shell loop holders.
3. box call holder needs to be a bit longer

This is a great vest, the best I had. Would highly recommend it. One more thing, I would like to see a youth/womens model, for the reason my wife and girls hunt and bass pro is the only womens vest that I found. I would buy another for me and if dreams and wishes came true I would buy for the wife and daughters.

WVhuntEER

I bought the Tact. Tatr' 2 this year and have used it three times now.  It is far and away the best vest I've ever owned.  I love the seat and I am picky when it comes to a seat too.  The water bottle holder is a nice touch.  I wish it included a bottle but I just use the one on my deer hunting Cabela's vest.  ;)    Anything made by Cabelas is going to be quality.   Like the previous comments I would like to have the shell holders and am surprised it doesn't have them but it is really not that big of a deal to me.   You won't be sorry if you buy it.   I also have the Limbhanger vest and it is nice but this one is a step above IMO. 

Gobble!

It was a great vest. Used it a year then changed to the beard buyer belt. Much more of my style

hookedspur

Very nice seat could have another pocket for pot calls .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

COPPERDOG

I have the Tact Tat'r and really like it. I would really to pick up the Tact Tat'r 2 to try.

runngun

I have the one with the kickstand and love it !!!! :z-winnersmiley:
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

bowhunter84

my buddy has one and it seems like a great vest

tjh24

I really like mine as well.  If I had to change some things, I would make some extra pot call holders and make them just a little bigger, I have trouble getting the calls in and out of the mesh holders. Other than that, it seems to be a very well made and comfortable vest.

gatrapper

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

old frank

I have been using mine this season, I am about to remember where I put everything after wearing my old vest for about 8 years!

It is a very functional and comfortable vest. The seat, while comfortable, is not as much so as my inner tube seat but it sure is convenient to flip up or flip down.

I don't really care about shell holders as I shoot a 20ga and the holders would be 12ga sized anyway.

The pot call pockets take a little work to get the call in, they could be bigger.

I like, and use the water bottle pocket but it takes some contortions to reach back there unless you are slim and flexible. I am neither.

I have enjoyed the vest, I like how it cinches up high and tight, and would buy another.

mossy835

I have one and used it twice last year (meaning two hunts) for spring and late fall. The seat is comfortable and the up/down function is great. I have yet to fill all of the pockets with stuff but I am sure that will happen.. The pads on the inside for your back do allow air circulation when it is warm and that is a plus. I carried my stuff and the guides rain jacket also with room to spare. Water bottle holder is just right and with all of the packets inside shells, food and things were not an issue. If you like a vest you will like this one. Good luck.

gatrapper

Just ordered one, should be here by Thursday.  Can't wait to try it out :z-guntootsmiley:
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

NYGobblergetter

I got one for Valentine's day. It has the kickstand which is nice if there are not many big trees. Tons of room and the seat is nice and thick. I'd recommend it. :you_rock: