OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stevens 301 single shot

Started by norm56, October 20, 2017, 11:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norm56

Has anyone seen the new savage stevens 301 single shot. It Has a synthetic stock and screw in chokes. It seems like a nice gun for the price.

dirt road ninja

I want one. As soon as I see the 20 compact on the shelf somewhere I plan on taking it home.

kbud

dirt road ninja

kbud

dirt road ninja

Bedlinedf250

Any updates on this gun I'm thinking about purchasing for my 10year old to get into turkey hunting.

kbud

Not shot it yet. Painted the stocks, had Sumtoy add FF3 mount and choke. Ready to go when I find the time.

jmart241

Bedlinedf250

Wow you really brought it to life, looks good. I'm anxious to hear feed back.

Dirtybird552

Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briton

Here's one I picked up a couple months back

wvmntnhick

I've no idea how old some of these youngsters are that guys are allowing to shoot these single shots but please be careful gang. They often times kick like crazy. They're cheap enough that we often think that if they take it out and beat it up it's no big deal. However, we often don't realize how much they beat up the shooter. Not preaching or harping, just simply saying. Hate to see a youngster turned off from the game early just because of some recoil.

Side note: gave my nephew (13) a single shot 12 (H&R/NEF) 2 years ago for Christmas. Told him to wait until he was good and ready to shoot it. He still hasn't and picks the 20 ga pump over that 12. Lol

kbud

Oh, I fully agree. Got mine out this weekend and with 3" magnums, it's lively. I bought mine for me, my kids have a dedicated pump gun.

mommicked

Quote from: wvmntnhick on February 05, 2018, 06:32:19 AM
I've no idea how old some of these youngsters are that guys are allowing to shoot these single shots but please be careful gang. They often times kick like crazy. They're cheap enough that we often think that if they take it out and beat it up it's no big deal. However, we often don't realize how much they beat up the shooter. Not preaching or harping, just simply saying. Hate to see a youngster turned off from the game early just because of some recoil.

Side note: gave my nephew (13) a single shot 12 (H&R/NEF) 2 years ago for Christmas. Told him to wait until he was good and ready to shoot it. He still hasn't and picks the 20 ga pump over that 12. Lol

I have a 28" full choked NEF and I love it for it's lite weight, but it kicks like a mule w 3" 2oz. loads. I tell friends it hurts me almost as bad as the turkeys! I shot it 5 times in a row while patterning it w various loads/ranges and
I could not shoot it anymore that day, my shoulder bruised badly and was sore for 2 weeks.
Learning something new, on every hunt.