OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stevens 301 single shot

Started by norm56, October 20, 2017, 11:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

I've got one in 3.5". It's a lightweight fella and I've yet to consider shooting it given the temps but I'd b lying if I said I was looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckman18

I think Santa is bringing me a Stevens M301 for Christmas along with a Kicks Gobbling Thunder .660? At least I hope so! I intend to paint it or have it dipped.

Contemplating putting fiber sights, or a rail for a scope or FF3? What do y'all think?

norm56

I bought the stevens 301 last month, 20 gage with 26 inch barrel. The only problem I have had is it shots about 8 inches low at 20 yards. I thought it might possibly be the choke, bough a new choke and it shoots low also. I then placed a beartooth comb raiser on, with raised poi about 4 inches, so its still shooting low. don't know what to try next.

FL-Boss

Deputy 14

Quote from: norm56 on December 09, 2018, 07:53:57 PM
I bought the stevens 301 last month, 20 gage with 26 inch barrel. The only problem I have had is it shots about 8 inches low at 20 yards. I thought it might possibly be the choke, bough a new choke and it shoots low also. I then placed a beartooth comb raiser on, with raised poi about 4 inches, so its still shooting low. don't know what to try next.

Have it drilled, tapped, and install a base and your red dot of choice.