OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Book recommendation

Started by compton30, September 27, 2017, 02:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compton30

So I've just finished "Coyote America: A Natural and Supernatural History" by Dan Flores and man is it an awesome read. I actually couldn't have gained more respect for an animal than I have from reading this book. The resiliency and adaptability of these creatures is simply awe inspiring.  Amazing. Just figured I'd recommend it to everyone. Good reading!

quavers59

I am sure the book was good. There are just too many coyotes in Orange County,NY!!  I have called them in while turkey hunting.

falltoms

Besides turkey hunting, trapping is another passion of mine. Coyotes are very intelligent. They do damage as predators but I do respect the animal.

mgm1955

compton30

Quote from: mgm1955 on September 28, 2017, 01:40:50 AM
Thanks for the info.

Absolutely! Just figured I'd pass it on, because I thought there might be others who enjoy reading about the history and biology of an animal that is local to every single one of us. 

Chris O

Quote from: falltoms on September 27, 2017, 07:34:58 PM
Besides turkey hunting, trapping is another passion of mine. Coyotes are very intelligent. They do damage as predators but I do respect the animal.
Im a trapper also.We need coyotes in our ecosystem They are a awesome predator. I think our fox in Iowa are slowly adapting to them and living closer to humans to avoid the coyote.They eat a lot of rodents and insects

trkehunr93

Dan Flores is an interesting man, listened to him on a few podcasts.  Looking forward to reading this and his other book, American Serengeti.

compton30

Quote from: trkehunr93 on September 28, 2017, 11:21:18 AM
Dan Flores is an interesting man, listened to him on a few podcasts.  Looking forward to reading this and his other book, American Serengeti.

Agree wholeheartedly. After I finish a book by Val Geist on Big Horn Sheep, American Serengeti is next on my list.