Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hudson Hen Box in English Walnut/Macassar Ebony (update added 4/2018)

Started by Rapscallion Vermilion, September 15, 2017, 01:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapscallion Vermilion

Like many on here, I'm a big fan of Richard Husdson's Hen Boxes and the gobblers love them too.
This one arrived in yesterday's mail: English walnut with a Macassar ebony lid. Beautiful workmanship. Thanks again Richard.

(4/2018)   Nothing like the first gobbler with a new call.  Our New Mexico season opened this last weekend and I found myself way way up a long draw with a gobbler still farther up above me, across the other side of the draw, and not approachable without getting busted.  After a long conversation he came down the opposing slope, crossed the bottom of the draw, slipped up my side, and came down to me from above.

Dfxhunter

That is a sweet looking box right there. That English walnut goes good with the Macassar.   Congrats

idratherb

vt35mag

hunter22

Yoder409

DAGGONE, Ma !!!!!     THAT is STUNNING !!!!!

Congrats on the new family heirloom !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Hooksnhorns

Don't Tread On Me

GSLAM95

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

jimmy w

silverspur

Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

CMBOSTC

Richard does very fine work, the selection of wood on this call is exceptional. You have a very special call Sir.

doublespurs21

a very nice piece of black walnut on that.. I really like that box............

strutnrut

That is English Walnut from gun stock material. Glad you like the call.

M Sharpe

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

MG150