OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

For those who have been/going to UNICOI

Started by Coop1082, August 24, 2017, 11:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

Trying to find a good place to stay! I know the lodge itself has rooms but they are a tad steep in price  for this guy! Wanting to see if anyone has been and stayed in a hotel in Helen they would recommend or if there are some of you going this coming up year that already have a hotel picked out to stay at and would recommend. Thanks guys!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Pecker Wrecker Calls

Make sure and check with the lodge for the group rate for the Unicoi callmaker show.
I like huntin' turkeys, but I love killin' turkeys !!

ol bob

Call the lodge and check on a room tell them turkey rooms are $89.00 per night I think when you figure in that you don't have to move your car and sit around the fireplace at night its worth the extra

vaplowboy

Thursday night is $79.00 dollars. Plus your supporting the show.

Coop1082

The prices I pulled up online just scanning were 200+ a night depending. This year will be my first trip to UNICOI so I wasn't aware they had prices that low at the lodge. II appreciate the info guys and I'll be making a call tomorrow. Thanks a ton!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

M Sharpe

I had a guy call me today saying they were all booked. That's not correct. I called Unicoi today to talk with our lady in charge. I didn't get a hold of her but I'm calling in the morning to get this squared away. They block out "X" number of rooms for us each year. This is what we must fill for our discounted rate. They have more rooms; but, when you get ahold of someone up front that doesn't know what's going on, this can easily happen! I do know we are very closed to the blocked out amount, but they still have rooms!!

Mark Sharpe
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Coop1082

Thank you Mr. Sharpe! I'll be calling as soon as I get a chance tomorrow!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

BOB_HARWELL

There are a lot of shops in Helen for women to shop & they take all major credit cards.   ;D

Bob

strutnrut

Quote from: BOB_HARWELL on August 24, 2017, 11:01:08 PM
There are a lot of shops in Helen for women to shop & they take all major credit cards.   ;D

Bob
Bite You Tongue Mr. Bob  ;D

M Sharpe

Just got off the phone with Ms Chamber at Unicoi. They do have just a few rooms left for all 3 nights, with some for a night or so. Someone at the front desk is getting a butt chew right about now!!! Coop1082, call back now!!

Mark
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Coop1082

Got booked earlier this morning for Thursday and Friday night. Went through a bit of hassle but finally got someone on the phone who had it figured out! Thanks again!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

HookedonHooks

How much did it end up being for the two nights Coop? I'm potentially trying to get down there. It's the girlfriends birthday though, so it's mostly up to boss hen.  :OGturkeyhead:

And by that time we'll be plus one as well.

Coop1082

CRUSADERS

[/img]

M Sharpe

Friday and Saturday night is $89/ night! Plus taxes.

mgm1955

Quote from: ol bob on August 24, 2017, 04:47:18 PM
Call the lodge and check on a room tell them turkey rooms are $89.00 per night I think when you figure in that you don't have to move your car and sit around the fireplace at night its worth the extra
:agreed: :agreed: