OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Marlin Watkins

Started by Will, August 01, 2017, 11:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

I wanted to post this call I received about a month ago from Mr Watkins. It's Bloodwood over Beech. I read back in Spring that a few guys were liking the sound of this combo and now I know why. One more combo to consider from Mr Watkins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dfxhunter

That's a sweet looking call , and I have no doubt it sounds as good as it looks. Congrats

Spitten and drummen

Thats one of my favorite combos from him. I have 8 of his box calls and every one of them is pure turkey. One of my favorite box call builders.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

vt35mag

Very nice!  I am on his list for two or three more, and this combo will be one of them for sure.

silverspur

Congrats on a very nice call from Marlin! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

mgm1955

One great call!! Congrats!!

Will

Quote from: vt35mag on August 02, 2017, 08:48:49 AM
Very nice!  I am on his list for two or three more, and this combo will be one of them for sure.

You will be very pleased with this sound.

greencop01

Great caller, Mr Watkins has a 'thing'for bloodwood lids and paddles. He gets the sweetest sounds from them w/ many different combos. Again great lookin call. Must sound sweet !!!
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

hunter22

Awesome call. There is a Marlin Bloodwood over Apple on Facebook that is one of the best sounding short boxes I have heard.

Grey Owl

There's just something about a Watkins box that rings my bell. Very nice.

Coop1082

Is the bloodwood/apple the one Herman has posted on Marlin's page Mr. Rickey? If so I fully agree with you! That one is incredibly good as I'm sure yours is as well Will!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

hunter22

The call I saw was on Don Watkins page. It sounds great.

Will

Your spot on about the bloodwood. I sent him some wormy butternut a few years ago and asked for a matched pair with whatever wood he recommended. Mr Watkins said bloodwood and I can honestly say the short box has the best mature hen sound out of all of mine.

Spitten and drummen

ALll his box call combos sound great. Out of several I own from him , my Ipe over chestnut is beyond believable.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

callmakerman

Awesome call from one of the best.