OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Yildiz TK 12 Single Shot Build - UPDATE

Started by YELPA, July 19, 2017, 09:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YELPA

Finished a Yildiz TK 12 build today.  William at SumToy did the forcing cone, threaded for screw-in choke, and drill-tap for scope base.  Topped off with a Simmons 4x32 Pro Diamond scope.  I added the limbsaver pad, strap and spray paint job.  Bought the Yildiz .410 single shot 10 years ago or so, which I've shot some ducks with.  May set the .410 up for my son to shoot TSS with when he gets older. 
Will have to wait for the calendar and right weather to match-up to spend some time on the range.  Going to try some various 2 3/4" loads first, as I would prefer that Pro Diamond stay away from my brow.  Just weighed it on a digital scale at 5 pounds 9 ounces.  What you think?
Here is the link to the manufacturer info page:  http://www.yildizshotgun.com/en/tek_02.html  Academy sells them here.

Greg Massey

Nice build, good luck...i just wish it was a 20 gauge ...but if you like it , that's all that matters...

lowoctane

Very nice! Great paint work! Love my singles! 3" loads aren't that bad, cause I use a Lead Sled for pattern work and don't know it even goes off in the heat of battle!!! :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Footballer

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

YELPA

Made it to the range this afternoon.  HOT and light wind.  All shot at 23 steps to correct POI and 40 yards by tape measure.  Would hunt all three but would like your input.
All 2 3/4" loads:
1) Hevi 6x7.5 (had a bunch of bronze hull 5s which I dumped and reloaded)
2) Winchester HD XR 6
3) Rooster 6

YELPA

40 yd average pellet count in 10"
Hevi 6x7.5 - 147
Win HD XR 6 - 131
Rooster 6 - 141

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

YELPA

Back to the range today with several 3" loads.  90 degrees, still and low humidity.  All shots at 40 yards.
3" Winchester Rooster 1 1/2 ounce, 6s - average pellet count in 10" was 184.  Picture is of best pattern.

YELPA

3" Winchester LB 1 3/4 ounce, 4s.  131 in the 10". 

Noticed the Rooster and LB held the same POI.  The recoil of the 2 3/4" is much less than the 3" but hard to pass up on 40+ more pellets on the 6s and near equal pellet count of 4s in the 3" and 6s in the 2 3/4". 

lowoctane

Im liking these patterns! How are you gonna choose? :funnyturkey:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life