OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bottomland Custom Turkey Satchel

Started by ncwoodsman, July 25, 2017, 01:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncwoodsman

About a year ago I started trying to find the perfect turkey satchel. I tried a NWTF Boyds bag, Tom Teaser and even a duck guide bag in Bottomland. I never found one to my liking or laid out the way I wanted it to be and the quality was very poor (China) in my opinion. I never tried the Brossie bag, but saw some complaint's on never receiving them and the thin carry straps.

Long story short, a few months ago I found a nice lady by the name of Glenda Green selling leather pot call holders. I purchased a few of them and was very impressed with the craftsmanship and quality. She is a perfectionist! Then I went on to purchasing some of her striker roll ups and loved them as well. Some of you have purchased some from her on EBay and on OG.

Well I called her and gave her my spill on how I never was able to find a bag I liked to carry to the woods for one reason or another. I asked her if she would be interested in making me a custom turkey satchel. She said she had made a carry satchel a long time ago for a dear friend who loved turkey hunting and has since passed on to greener pastures.

So we began texting / talking frequently over the phone with pocket layouts (lots of pockets), striker holders, pot call pockets, box call pocket, shell loops, sand paper pockets, locator call pockets, thermocell, etc. She even added a couple of zipper enclosures from either side with leather on the ends (branded turkey tracks) to hold and shut the zipper to keep debris out. The carry strap is made almost 2" wide and out of the same bottomland material and very adjustable. Both the striker roll up and satchel are waterproof material (500 D water repellent coating).

I'm pretty sure it's large enough to fit my rain gear as well! To say I am happy is an understatement and I made a good friend to boot. Just thought it was worth sharing. And it's made right here in the good ole USA!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

ncwoodsman

vaplowboy

ncwoodsman

Thanks! I'll post some more pics when I have time to load it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKFOOTER

:drool:Do you think she would make me one?? :turkey2:

ncwoodsman

She just might! I'll pm you.

crenshawco

I just got some of Glenda's pot call holsters, and I will vouch for her work. She may be busy making these satchels now! That looks great

Prohunter3509

ncwoodsman

I should be able to post up
some inside pics tomorrow morning.

SteelerFan

Looks great! Anxious to see it loaded up!

Spring Creek Calls

That looks ideal. I ditched the vest years ago and I would be another potential buyer.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Chris O

Looks nice I told myself I was going to try and not use a vest this year .

Tennessee Lead

That's sick!

spurman

It looks great, and to find someone that will do custom work, that is hard to do.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

ncwoodsman

Ok, here are some pictures of the inside and various pictures as promised. The pockets are deeper than shown as I have pulled the items upward to indicate what is in the pockets. The front of the satchel holds 4 pot calls and 5 strikers nicely and firm. Also has a place for 12 or 20 gauge shot shells. Another small pocket for diaphragm calls or sandpaper.