OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester SX3 Waterfowl

Started by teke, April 14, 2011, 08:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teke

I was wondering if anyone knew of a choke tube shotshell combo for this shotgun. It has a 28" barrel and is chambered for 3 1/2" shells. To use for Turkey.

SumToy

put a 675 in it.  The HV-13 6's, 7's or the blends will work good. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

CSAW

I use a Jellyhead with H13 3-2-6's through mine. 

Reloader

JellyHead, Star Dot, or ICBDS should give you plenty of satisfaction.

I run that gun and an SX2, both with 26" pipes.

Good luck,

Reloader

hd mike

I have the same gun.
After asking the guys here at OG, I went with the Hevi-Shot choke tube (.664)
I patterned using H-13, 3.5", #6 shot.  At 45 yds I had around 220 in a 9" circle. And 38 in the head and neck area. I also shot at 28 yds, and could not count the pellets because the head area was missing from the target.
I also bought a box of H-13 #7, a few days ago. But have not shot those yet.

My season is two weeks away, can't wait!

chipper

I have the same gun only in MOBU, I'm shooting a IC .665 and Winchester extended range #6 It is a great pattern. A few pages back I have some pattern pictures you can look at.

teke

Thanks for replies all. Right now using winchesters new signature series turkey choke with .660 cons. At 40yds. 15 shot in head and neck with Kent 3 1/2 , 2 1/4 #6 shot. Will have to do, its turkey season..

SumToy

You may just change to the HV-13 and it work good if that choke is working like that.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Limbstrutter

I've got the same gun too, I just use the extra full that came with the gun and Nitro #6's and so far everything that has stepped in front of this gun has died. Killed one last week some were in the range between 22 to 28 yards flipped him on his back stone cold dead..

Good luck !  Dave .
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

NothingLeFT

Dont know if it woould pattern the same but i have the SX2 waterfowl and i got a Hevi-shot turkey choke in it and im shootin hevi-shot hevi-13 #5's `2-1/4
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.