turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Patience

Started by misfire, June 30, 2017, 02:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

"He who is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who is quick-tempered exalts folly." - Proverbs 14:29

One of the Merriam Webster definitions of being patient is: "steadfast despite opposition, difficulty, or adversity." Being patient is hard because as humans, we have a tendency to want what we want at that particular moment. Unfortunately, it seems that life is a test of patience.

I struggle with lines – whether it's traffic, or waiting at a restaurant. Why, I'd rather drive five miles out of the way than sit still in traffic. I get impatient with people when I'm facing a deadline and get interrupted, or when someone says they'll do something and it doesn't get done.

Where do you struggle with patience? Do you ever pray, "Lord, give me some patience, now!" Let me suggest a few practical ways to learn patience:
1.Take a breath and pray for self-control.
2.When people anger you, if possible, retreat for a moment. Take time to back off and get control of your emotions.
3.Confront fairly, and seek to listen, understand, and where needed, forgive.
4.Remember, the greatest motive for patience is remembering God's patience with us.

Patience is a precious commodity, for it's a powerful way to win the respect of others and turn a potential enemy into a friend.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net