OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Oklahoma Bird Down #2

Started by Rob Robertson, April 13, 2011, 10:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Robertson

Went this afternoon to where I saw a long beard strutting on Monday.  Set up about 5pm just hoping to roost the ole boy.  About 45 min in I hear a gobble.  I yelp to him and he is on his way.  It is a big ole Jake and two hens.  They feed across the opening to about 300 yards away then turn and work back.  Everytime I yelp the jake would gobble but he is not going to leave his prize hens.  The little group has worked back toward me and are now about 80 yards out.  About 7pm  I hear another gobble to my left.  The only place I cant see is to my left.  My jake runs across to a high spot about 150 yards away.  The new bird would gobble and the jake would gobble right after.  I get on the call with some cuts and the new bird is going nuts.  Then I hear it.  Drumming.  Drumming getting so close you can hear it and feel it.  I get the gun up and ready.  There he is.  Full fan but his beard is jacked up.  I know its a tom by looking at the fan.  I put the speedbead on his neck and boom.  Oklahoma Gobbler #2.  His beard is jacked up.  nice base but only about 20 hairs. All the rest is broke off. The longest is 9 3/4.  The spurs,  Well..............................1 1/4inch Limb Hanger spurs.  Thicker and longer than Fridays bird.  I have to find A new county to hunt in now.  My Love County tags are full.  Im thinking SE Oklahoma easterns.

savduck

NICE. Im gonna get after something other than an eastern one day
Georgia Boy

BOFF

Congrats!!

Beautiful bird!!

God Bless,
David B.

KYFrid

Man those Rio's are pretty! Congrats!  :smiley-char092:

JVA54

RutnNStrutn

Congrats!!! :icon_thumright: I hunted OK once and had a fantastic hunt!! Killed my 3 gobblers in 5 days of awesome gobbling action!! Good luck on your 3rd!! :anim_25:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Trip

NICE!!! Congratulations!!!  :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

hobbes

Hognutz

Congrats. That is a beautiful gobbler. Very nice..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

mnturkey

Congratulations, Beautiful Bird.
SEMPER FI

bowhunter84

Basser69

turkey slayer