OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Photobucket

Started by hunter22, June 24, 2017, 06:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2INCHHOOKS

You guys should look into Dropbox.. $ 99 for the year and you get a TB worth of space. you can upload files , pics, etc.. share and access from any device.. super easy to use and organize your photos as well as upload to any https site..

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: guesswho on July 07, 2017, 05:21:31 PM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 06, 2017, 02:34:13 PM
Well, I see my picture. Do you guys see it?
Either way, I'll probably check out another site. Photobucket is slow and loaded with ads and pop ups.
I see it, I wish I hadn't  :toothy9:
;D :TooFunny: :goofball:

Ishi

I just signed up for Flicker and have my photos downloaded to the site.
Question I tried a test run to share a photo. When I hit the share arrow I copy the link. When I pasted the link to the thread all that shows up is the link. How do I get the picture to show up on my reply so everyone can see it without going to the Flicker site.
I'm very confused  :newmascot:
The Spirit Lives On

eorlando

Quote from: Ishi on July 15, 2017, 10:22:45 AM
Question I tried a test run to share a photo. When I hit the share arrow I copy the link. When I pasted the link to the thread all that shows up is the link. How do I get the picture to show up on my reply so everyone can see it without going to the Flicker site.
Make sure you are using the one that says BBC code. Then you can chose the size. I usually use the smaller of the ones listed as "large."

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ishi

Quote from: eorlando on July 15, 2017, 10:36:51 AM
Quote from: Ishi on July 15, 2017, 10:22:45 AM
Make sure you are using the one that says BBC code. Then you can chose the size. I usually use the smaller of the ones listed as "large."

Thanks for your fast reply. I now see the problem when I click the share arrow I only get the URL link?
Any suggestions on why I'm not getting the BBC code. I've tried my laptop and iPhone and I'm only seeing the URL link
The Spirit Lives On

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: Ishi on July 15, 2017, 11:11:41 AM
Thanks for your fast reply. I now see the problem when I click the share arrow I only get the URL link?
Any suggestions on why I'm not getting the BBC code. I've tried my laptop and iPhone and I'm only seeing the URL link
Are you perhaps using the share button on your photostream page, as opposed to the one for an individual photo?  If so, try clicking on a photo.  That should take you to a page with just that photo on it.  Now the share button in the lower right should show the BBC code option.  It should start with [ url=https://  . That string already has the [ img] code embedded in it, so don't add it as a wrapper when you post here.

Ishi

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on July 15, 2017, 04:18:53 PM
Are you perhaps using the share button on your photostream page, as opposed to the one for an individual photo?  If so, try clicking on a photo.  That should take you to a page with just that photo on it.  Now the share button in the lower right should show the BBC code option.  It should start with [ url=https://  . That string already has the [ img] code embedded in it, so don't add it as a wrapper when you post here.
[/quote
:thanks:I went to the picture and clicked on the share arrow then copied and then paste.
Test run
https://flic.kr/p/VqELuG
After posting I just get the link to show up. I've sent yahoo a email for help. I'm not sure what you mean by a wrapper. Days like this makes me hate technology :lol:
The Spirit Lives On

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: Ishi on July 15, 2017, 09:07:49 PM
Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on July 15, 2017, 04:18:53 PM
[/quote
:thanks:I went to the picture and clicked on the share arrow then copied and then paste.
Test run
https://flic.kr/p/VqELuG
After posting I just get the link to show up. I've sent yahoo a email for help. I'm not sure what you mean by a wrapper. Days like this makes me hate technology :lol:
Okay, I see that you have the picture of that nice buck set with a Safety Level of Moderate.  I think that might be the issue.  Click on your photo and scroll down the page.  You'll see where you have the Viewing Privacy set to Public, but the Safety Level set to Moderate.  I think that effects what kind of links you can get.  Try setting it to Safe and refresh the page.  It might take a minute for the new links to be active.
Try Share again and see if you get the BBC code option this time.

captpete

I think Rapscallion Vermilion has it figured out. I was having the same issue as you until I clicked the picture I want to post. You have to open the pic you want to post to get the BBC code.

Ishi

Well I changed the settings and still no BBC code. I give up for now I'll work in it later.
Thanks for the help guys  :thanks:
The Spirit Lives On

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: Ishi on July 16, 2017, 06:25:52 PM
Well I changed the settings and still no BBC code. I give up for now I'll work in it later.
Thanks for the help guys  :thanks:
If I go to your pic and scroll down, it now says Safety Level:  Safe, and I was able to see your image BBC code under Share.

Ishi

This is nuts and I'll try to explain. If I go to my account on my laptop or iPhone when I hit the share button I never see the BBC code. So I went to OG on my laptop and clicked on my link for the picture
I posted and now I see the BBC code. I'm seeing stuff that I've never seen yet on flicker. Things are really messed up but I'm gaining :z-guntootsmiley: 
The Spirit Lives On

hunter22

Tinypic is pretty easy to use. You copy and paste just like with photobucket.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: Ishi on July 16, 2017, 06:59:34 PM
This is nuts and I'll try to explain. If I go to my account on my laptop or iPhone when I hit the share button I never see the BBC code. So I went to OG on my laptop and clicked on my link for the picture
I posted and now I see the BBC code. I'm seeing stuff that I've never seen yet on flicker. Things are really messed up but I'm gaining :z-guntootsmiley:
Fifteen minutes ago your pic still was Safety Level Moderate, now it is Safe.  So now when I go to your pic and hit share, I see all the options including the BBC code.  If I go to your other pic, the one that still has Safety Level Moderate, I don't get the BBC code option.

eorlando

I don't see the BBC code link on my phone either through safari or through the Flickr app. I use to be able to post using either. Now the only way I can post is if I do it from my laptop. I can click on share on my phone but I don't get the BBC code option anywhere. I can post the same pic from my laptop and bingo there is the BBC code. I don't know. Maybe someone else knows. I have been using Flickr for 3-4 years now and just ran into this problem within the past few months.