turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

F150 vs chevy\gmc Sierr@ ? Which

Started by TheSportsman, June 23, 2017, 12:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaBoy

I'm a Blue Oval guy. Work out of mine , current 150 FX4 4x4 has 109K with nothing more than an oil change and gets 18+ mpg. It replaced a '03 supercrew that had 327K  with no major problems on it when I " gifted" it to my son , just plugs and a fuel pump. Still hunts out of it. Hard to complain with that kind of service.

hobbes

Ive decided that if I go Ford it will be the 5.0. 
Im currently in an 06 Tacoma with 175,000 miles and still going strong.  Its required some repairs but nothing that i wouldnt expect for the mileage.  It still doesnt use oil, ive yet to need to add oil.  Id go with a used Tundra if not for their cost and lousy fuel mileage.

RutnNStrutn

I just bought my 3rd brand new F150 in a row. I keep my trucks for 11 or 12 years and put a lot of miles on them. Just traded in my last F150 after 12-1/2 years and 256,000+ miles. It was still running strong, but I just retired and plan on traveling, so it was time for a new one.
Here's my take on trucks. They all are good, and most of them have the same features. I choose Fords because they work like a truck but ride smooth, like you are in a car. The others, to my experience do not ride smooth. Plus, I've had very good luck with my F150's. You're gonna have a few problems when you keep trucks as long as I do, but the Fords have been pretty good to me overall.

RutnNStrutn

RutnNStrutn

My last F150 had a 5.4 V8. It ran good, but I had to replace every one of the coil packs over 4 different malfunction issues. Towards the end it only got 14 mpg. I test drove a 5.0 this time, and was going to get it until I looked at and drove the 2.7 turbo 6. It has almost as much horsepower and torque as the 5.0 but averaged 5 mpg better. Since I don't do a lot of heavy towing, and the XLT's were on clearance with all the features I was looking for, I went with that. So far, so good. I love my new truck!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

daddyduke

Don't have much experience with new trucks. First truck was 1975 GMC Sierr@  249,000 miles on it when sold. Now driving 1995 GMC Sierr@  4x4 ext cab that has 284,000. Getting better gas mileage every year due to body getting lighter. lol
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Gobble!

I chose a 2016 Crew Cab 5.5' bed F150 a few months ago with the 2.7TT. Interior space, safety, and mileage are what sold me. Only been 7,000 miles but very happy so far. Average is 20.3 living in the mountains of Western MD.

Spitten and drummen

Love my gmc silverado. Ford would be last on my list.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

renegade19

owlhoot

Quote from: renegade19 on July 02, 2017, 10:39:32 AM
Toyota or Dodge.  Nuff said.
Really, why ? Guys need to check the 4wd capabilities  of the new dodge auto 4wd system seems more like a awd that didn't do a friend's new Dodge Ram any good this spring turkey season with the heavy rain that we had . I know that truck isn't going out west in the high country switchbacks and the never known what weather conditions would be.
Auto loc seemed to be no real lock!

nativeks

I own a 2015 Ram 1500. I will never own another and I am actively trying to get rid of this one. Waiting to see if they are gonna buyback my Ecodiesel.

donjuan

One company required government bailout, the other did not
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

renegade19

Quote from: owlhoot on July 02, 2017, 11:09:26 AM
Really, why ? Guys need to check the 4wd capabilities  of the new dodge auto 4wd system seems more like a awd that didn't do a friend's new Dodge Ram any good this spring turkey season with the heavy rain that we had . I know that truck isn't going out west in the high country switchbacks and the never known what weather conditions would be.
Auto loc seemed to be no real lock!

I may have spoke too soon!  My last Ram was a 2012 and some $#@!!!  needed it worse than me and stole it.  It was a great truck.  I've been in a Tundra ever since and have zero complaints.  Granted, the 4wd doesn't get put to a real rough test but it does come in handy a once in a while where I live.  I used it in a couple pretty jinky spots.   I will say that I never, ever was impressed with Dodge's service department locally. 

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on June 28, 2017, 06:18:44 PM
My last F150 had a 5.4 V8. It ran good, but I had to replace every one of the coil packs over 4 different malfunction issues. Towards the end it only got 14 mpg. I test drove a 5.0 this time, and was going to get it until I looked at and drove the 2.7 turbo 6. It has almost as much horsepower and torque as the 5.0 but averaged 5 mpg better. Since I don't do a lot of heavy towing, and the XLT's were on clearance with all the features I was looking for, I went with that. So far, so good. I love my new truck!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Just got back from a trip to Alabama. I've got just under 2,000 miles on the truck now. I am amazed at the mileage this truck gets!! :icon_thumright: During the Bama trip, most of which was highway, it averaged 22 MPG. On a recent trip to a town about 40 minutes away and back, it averaged 26 MPG with the cruise control set at 55 MPH. Still got plenty of get up and go when you give it gas.

Tail Feathers

Congrats on the retirement Jim!

I drive a Tahoe for work.  They use oil from day one.  Amazing to me that GM says it's normal for a brand new vehicle to use a quart of oil every 2K miles.  We've had lots of AC and electrical issues in the fleet too.  Admittedly, although much of the problems seem to be gone in the latest 2 year models.

I drive a Tacoma.  It's been a good one.  113K miles and it's the most reliable truck I've ever owned.  I may go for a bit more comfort next truck.  The Tundra will get a strong look but I'll drive them all before I decide.  Had bad luck with Ford myself, not sure if I could make myself go that route again.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!