Started by Spring Creek Calls, June 19, 2017, 07:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

That's what I've got coming Outdoors.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

SteelerFan

I've changed my mind 1/2 dozens times trying to decide on a second combination. Really leaning towards the IPE / Chestnut. Or the bloodwood / chestnut... dang it! Lol

vt35mag

Quote from: SteelerFan on June 27, 2017, 05:08:19 PM
I've changed my mind 1/2 dozens times trying to decide on a second combination. Really leaning towards the IPE / Chestnut. Or the bloodwood / chestnut... dang it! Lol

I was in the same boat, with the same combos as you.
It came down to the feeling that I liked the Ipe sound just slightly more, and the fact I have no boxes with Ipe.

Coop1082

When we were discussing my call over the phone he kept saying he is loving a pecan and beech box right now. About every lid he has put on them has been a killer. Specifically macassar, bloodwood, and snakewood being his favorites on pecan and beech. Maybe that will help with someone's decision! If your anything like me, I cut him off mid sentence and informed him that clearly his ear is much better than mine with the 7 world championships or however many he has, so whatever sounds best to him, roll with that! Lol. Now I can't wait to get the darn thing in! By the way thanks SteelerFan. I was doing so well until you posted your spill on his calls and now I'm rurnt again!  :turkey2:
CRUSADERS

[/img]

Terry

Maccassar Ebony over Poplar

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Coop1082

CRUSADERS

[/img]

vt35mag

Nice looking box there Terry!

vt35mag

Let's see some pics of those snakewood/pecans when you guys get em. Love the look of snakewood.

Terry

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

kwild835

I have an Ipe/beech on the way.  I changed my mind easy 12 times.  Love the look of em.

SteelerFan

Quote from: Coop1082 on June 27, 2017, 06:48:31 PM
When we were discussing my call over the phone he kept saying he is loving a pecan and beech box right now. About every lid he has put on them has been a killer. Specifically macassar, bloodwood, and snakewood being his favorites on pecan and beech. Maybe that will help with someone's decision! If your anything like me, I cut him off mid sentence and informed him that clearly his ear is much better than mine with the 7 world championships or however many he has, so whatever sounds best to him, roll with that! Lol. Now I can't wait to get the darn thing in! By the way thanks SteelerFan. I was doing so well until you posted your spill on his calls and now I'm rurnt again!  :turkey2:

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

outdoors

THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH. SteelerFan FOR TURNING MY WALLET INSIDE OUT.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

beardhunter87

Well ordered a Snakewood over Pecan also... Gotta stop soon haha  :funnyturkey: should be set after this, AGE trumpet, Brad Roberts pots he's making, and Jimmy's Schaffers pots. Gotta be done for a bit, wife's gonna kill me :santaclaus:

silverspur

Matt is turning out some killer calls for sure! :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

kwild835

Got mine today!  Gonna be with me opening day for sure!