Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

You loved it but they stopped making it...

Started by Grey Owl, June 08, 2017, 11:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Chevy truck with  Vortec  5.7 liters V8 available.
Federal premium grand slam loads.
Original stardot chokes.

outdoors

Hunting anywhere u wanted too without applying for ,  by Quote only .............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

ElkTurkMan

Hornady light mag center fire rifle ammunition

Happy

People with a spine.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

The Cohutta Strutter

Anybody seen America lately?

SteelerFan

That feeling you got when a Cabela's, Gander Mountain, L.L. Bean catalog came in the mail and you were excited, because you would look through page by page deciding what, if any, new stuff you would order...

tha bugman

Quote from: SteelerFan on June 20, 2017, 11:27:53 PM
That feeling you got when a Cabela's, Gander Mountain, L.L. Bean catalog came in the mail and you were excited, because you would look through page by page deciding what, if any, new stuff you would order...
Ill add Bass Pro to that list as well.....my how times change so quickly!

trkehunr93

Buckwing made a turkey seat when those first came out that had adjustable legs.  was perfect for long sits on steep, uneven terrain.  Only draw back to it being made from aluminum was its durability, the thing was very light and fit in my vest perfect.  I did everything to fix mine when one of the leg corners sheared, JB weld, duct tape, electric tape.  Finally scrapped it but wish I had bought 10 of them.  I keep looking on ebay to see if I come across one.

Cut N Run

Rocky Scent Free rubber boots, camo pattern with the rubber NWTF label at the top. 
Those boots wore so well, I just figured they'd never stop making them.

Another vote for the Limbhanger vest.
Wish I'd bought a couple of extras.

Ithaca Model 37R Featherweight 12 gauge. They had a solid (not vented) rib down the barrel and the receiver was milled from a solid block of steel. Bottom eject pump that's great for left hand shots, like me.
Mine was stolen when my house was broken into 30 years ago.

Delta turkey decoys. Collapsible, light, durable, & cost less than $25 each (before plastic & rubber became SO  valuable, like it is today).
They were sold by H.S. Strut in the 90's. I have 3 of them that still work great.

Quaker Boy Field Grade Boat Paddle box call.
My "go to" call for striking gobblers in the distance. It's a simple butternut long box that just makes the sound gobblers like to respond to.  I did buy 5 more of these before they got as expensive as today's custom boxes.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.