OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I've got poults.

Started by West Augusta, June 18, 2017, 09:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Augusta

When I moved in here a little over a year ago I only had 2 hens.  Last summer there were no poults.
During the winter I did a little trapping and removed 4 raccoons and 2 possums. That may have helped.
This morning momma hen brought her babies down to show me.  Or maybe she just wanted to dust under the Cedar tree. Either way,  she woke me up with her continuous clucking and purring.  Cool to see her leading her 12 grouse size babies around.  You can barely see a few to her right in this picture.  My camera was dead and my phone struggles taking pictures through a window screen.

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

SteelerFan

LaLongbeard

That is good to see. Do not let up on the coons,opossums, skunks etc. I'll pass up a shot at a deer for a coyote every time. I just bought some more traps and lure I stay after the turkey eaters year round.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

falltoms

Quote from: Phillipshunt on June 18, 2017, 11:34:24 AM
That is good to see. Do not let up on the coons,opossums, skunks etc. I'll pass up a shot at a deer for a coyote every time. I just bought some more traps and lure I stay after the turkey eaters year round.
Glad you're seeing poults. Hope they make it. I trap also. It does help. And I'm addicted to trapping as much as I am Turkey hunting.

1iagobblergetter

Hopefully she'll save most of them...I need to do some predator control around where I hunt also. Whole lot of coyotes and coons around...

Hooksnhorns

Don't Tread On Me

cramerhunts

Very cool! Great job on the predator control. I'm sure those poults appreciate it!

mgm1955

jjnfla

nativeks

I scared a hen off her nest last night and she had some babies no bigger than a chick.

tha bugman

West Augusta

Three hens brought about 25 poults  through the yard about 6:30 this morning.  Two of the hens had beards. 

I'll try to get a better picture of the hens. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

SteelerFan

Clardh