OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Didn't hear any gobble on the roost but it didn't matter!

Started by TheTwistedOne, April 13, 2011, 01:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTwistedOne

This morning was silent.  Owl hooting and crow calling got no answer.  Been the way of it every time I've got to go this season.

A little discouraged, I set up in some open pines near a field edge I found some tracks in and just started some blind calling.  Finally at 8:05am I spot a tom entering the sour grass 200 yards away.  I call he answers!  Breaks into strut.  15 minutes later I've got three jakes within 15 yards of me.  One of the jakes is sporting a 7-8" beard.  Almost a shooter but the one in the field dwarfs him.

The jake gang sees the gobbler and goes out to harass him.  They change their minds when they get closer and keep their distance!  It takes me until 8:44am to finally get this bird into range.  Almost 40 minutes of strutting and gobbling.  It was awesome.  I just knew a hen was gonna intercept him but God was kind to me this morning!  Thank you Lord!

10 3/4" beard, 1 1/8" spurs, 22lbs a really fine bird!  I'm ecstatic!

Timmer

Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

PANYHunter

turkey slayer

VAHUNTER

nothing comes close to a action packed turkey hunt. sounds the ole boy put on a fantastic show for you. i wish they all was like that. Congrats on a great bird  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

Basser69

4nwtf

Gobble!

njdevilsb

Rio Fan

struttin_1

Sounds like you got to see quite the show!  :happy0064:
Congrats on the bird! :z-guntootsmiley:

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

chcltlabz

A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.