OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 Youth Fastfire mount

Started by coonhunter, May 08, 2017, 04:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coonhunter

I want to install a Fastfire III or II on my son's 870 youth.  I'm going to drill and tap it.  So can someone please give me the 336 mount part number or a link to buy one??  I have seen a lot on here and have read a lot just can't seem to find the one I feel like is the right one to buy!  So I would like info on the 336 base and screw size and from what I understand the fastfire screws right down to the 336 base?  Please advise!!  Thanks!
Joshua 24:15

shedhunta

I got the sumtoy mount for my fastfire.  Can't get much cleaner than it.  Puts my dot in a perfect spot. 

Spurs Up

coonhunter

Quote from: Spurs Up on May 08, 2017, 07:36:54 PM
Check this link out...

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,59297.0.html

Burris part No. 410333

Ok. So buy the 336 mount #410333 and then the fastfire will mount directly to it? 

Spurs Up

That's my understanding but get a second opinion.

SumToy

Our base or the burris 336 base will give you the lowest mount.  Now the burris mount needs a flat spot machined on the top of action on some guns.  That was the way we put them on to give them better place to set.  If not it like putting a stick on top of a ball. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

coonhunter

So which size dot are you guys using?  3 MOA or 8 MOA?? 

Spurs Up

Quote from: coonhunter on May 09, 2017, 09:46:43 PM
So which size dot are you guys using?  3 MOA or 8 MOA??

There's usually a new thread about this every week. Most will recommend 3 MOA. I have both the 3 and 8. My preference for a dedicated turkey shotgun is the 8 MOA dot. I just find it easier for my eye to acquire. Many counter that the 8 is too large. It takes up all of 4" at 50 yards...

Forked lighting

Get a saddle mount dont have to drillan tap

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

turkeyinstrut

You might want to look at Burris's Speed Bead mount before you get it drilled and tapped, I just put one on my M2 and love it and your FF III mounts directly to it, very slick.

coonhunter

They don't make a speed bead mount for the youth model 870?  Just the regular 870

Tombo

I have the 336 mount on my Benelli M2 20ga. It works perfectly. I also have a Sumtoy mount that I'm going to put on an 870 20ga LW. I use the 3m dot. You might consider the protector that Warbird turkey calls sells for a FF3

Tombo