OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Shotgun Help ?!?

Started by MS Boy, May 25, 2017, 01:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MS Boy

Looking to buy a new turkey shotgun for next year and would like some feed back on what is your favorite turkey shotgun ? So I current have a Benelli SBE II that i have had for a couple of years and would like something different this time around that is really made for turkey hunting so you turkey hunting gurus let me know what I should buy ?
Thanks,
Danny

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Remington 870, you can find a cheaper one and trick it out yourself or buy a new one. One of the most popular shotguns of all time.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

MS Boy

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on May 25, 2017, 01:34:27 PM
Remington 870, you can find a cheaper one and trick it out yourself or buy a new one. One of the most popular shotguns of all time.

A buddy of mine that I was talking to last night said for me to look at the Rem 11-87 just curious if you thought the 870 would be better for turkey or are that about the same ?

MS Boy

lunghit

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

dirt road ninja

A buddy of mine that I was talking to last night said for me to look at the Rem 11-87 just curious if you thought the 870 would be better for turkey or are that about the same ?
[/quote]

They are about what and what, it's up to you if you'd prefer an auto or pump. I'd look hard at the Weatherby SA or PA 459. The Weatherby seems to be about the best factory rigged pure turkey gun out there. Also, the seldom mentioned Ithaca Turkey Slayer is a very nice weapon as well.

MS Boy

Quote from: dirt road ninja on May 25, 2017, 03:09:55 PM

They are about what and what, it's up to you if you'd prefer an auto or pump. I'd look hard at the Weatherby SA or PA 459. The Weatherby seems to be about the best factory rigged pure turkey gun out there. Also, the seldom mentioned Ithaca Turkey Slayer is a very nice weapon as well.
[/quote]

Thanks I hadn't even consider Weatherby thanks for the advice.

MS Boy

Greg Massey

Just remember to have a dedicated turkey gun that you will shoot maybe 4 times during a season you don't have to have a 1000-2000 dollars gun...build you a 20 gauge shooter from a youth 870 ... you want be sorry at all...and you can thank me later....you want carry a 12 gauge again turkey hunting...

Happy

About every major manufacturer makes a dedicated turkey gun. Go and check them out. Buy the one you like that's in your price range and enjoy it. With the chokes and ammo available just about every modern  shotgun can be made into a good turkey gun. Some are just going to cost more than others.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Double B

I've been looking at the Beretta a300 turkey gun with a 24" barrel.  Comes with fiber optic sights and chokes.   I could get into one of those.  For a camo semi auto it looks like a real nice setup.   
Followed by buzzards

Ozarks Hillbilly

My vote would be Remington 870 their kinda like a small block Chevy parts and accessories are plentifully and generally less expensive.   

Cottonmouth

Find a gun that fits you. Shoulder the gun with your eyes closed, then look at the bead. You don't want to have to adjust your head to aim correctly. Most guns have adjustment shims that make a world of difference. That being said, Remingtons  fit me like a glove.
  You have plenty of time before next season to find that perfect fit so don't get in a hurry about it.

greencop01

Rem 870 super mag 12ga Turkey/Predator comes with scope mount and a red dot. Used it exclusively for four years and it is a killer. I use 3" mags in it. Its a 3 1/2 " but the 3" is enough for me. It is also reasonable brand new if you shop around, like $570 - $600 range. :OGturkeyhead:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

LaLongbeard

I didn't know you could kill a turkey with anything but a 12 gauge 870 ?
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?