OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How would you kill your Merriams

Started by sugarray, April 12, 2011, 07:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you kill first 2 with gun then bow hunt, or kill first with gun and 2nd bow then what ever?

First 2 with a gun
30 (83.3%)
First 1 with gun, 2nd with bow
6 (16.7%)
Both with bow
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

sugarray

If I am blessed enough to kill 2 in the first 2-3 days of hunting I'll buy another tag to kill 2 more.  So how would you shoot um?  Also, I can kill 2 in one day and hunt on Sunday.

Get first 2 down with gun, then focus on bow
Get 1 with gun then 2nd with bow
Or some other way

WWYD?

cannonball

sugarray

Gobble!

RutnNStrutn

If you are really wanting to get one with a bow, I would get one (or 2) with a gun, then concentrate on bow. You don't want to start out with a bow, and then find yourself at the end of the hunt with no birds, and scrambling to kill one. Get 1 or 2 down, and then break out the bow!

hobbes

I'm really crazy about bowhunting, but turkeys hunting is a shotgun hunt for me.  Deer, elk, etc. are bowhunting animals for me.  Not opposed to bowhunting turkeys, but I grew up hunting doves, ducks, and quail with a shotgun and I can't hunt those anymore, so turkeys are all I get to carry a shotgun for.  Unless something changes in the near future, I'd shoot the first 100 with a shotgun along with the next 100.

sugarray

Quote from: hobbes on April 12, 2011, 07:42:38 PM
I'm really crazy about bowhunting, but turkeys hunting is a shotgun hunt for me.  Deer, elk, etc. are bowhunting animals for me.  Not opposed to bowhunting turkeys, but I grew up hunting doves, ducks, and quail with a shotgun and I can't hunt those anymore, so turkeys are all I get to carry a shotgun for.  Unless something changes in the near future, I'd shoot the first 100 with a shotgun along with the next 100.

My views as well.  I love hunting deer with my bow, but with turkeys it is something that would be nice, but I really like to hammer them with my Queen Bee MB 835 throwing a Green Hornet load of 2 oz of TSS #8

Bigsho69

I would hunt first with a bow and then go to the gun if you are having some trouble getting them close enough.  If you kill one with your bow it will be hard for you to switch back to the old scatter gun.  LOL 

Trip

I would kill the first two with a gun and then focus on a bow kill!

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

TRKYHTR

Kill them all with a gun. Thats alot of turkey killin. You must be practicing.lol

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

sugarray

Quote from: TRKYHTR on April 12, 2011, 08:55:35 PM
Kill them all with a gun. Thats alot of turkey killin. You must be practicing.lol

TRKYHTR

This will likely be the way I go.  I have a couple more days to decide.

Shotgun

If I read this right you can get 4 tags.  All 4 would be killed by a gun. 

Hognutz

Bring four shells and kill them all with the gun.  :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

gatrapper

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.