turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tick Spray

Started by Cutt, April 12, 2011, 05:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Does anyone know if Repel still makes Phermanone spray for ticks? This is a spray you treat your clothes with, which repels ticks. I always got ticks on me in the past, but since I used Phermanone the last 2 years, not a one, it is very good suff.

I could not find it on the Repel website and Walmart no longer carries it, which leads me to believe they quit making it, probably due to not too bright people spraying it on their skin? Anyone know, is it still available?

CASH

Yes, I get mine at Academy Sports.  Only place I can find it.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Trevor2

The two men who designe the spray split ways and one bought the name and the other named his spray duranon..... its still in production but for some reason Tn has outlawed it, so I have to go to Ky to get mine. Big south fork outdoors is where i get it.
Strutstopper

Cutt

Quote from: Trevor2 on April 12, 2011, 05:12:05 PM
The two men who designe the spray split ways and one bought the name and the other named his spray duranon..... its still in production but for some reason Tn has outlawed it, so I have to go to Ky to get mine. Big south fork outdoors is where i get it.

That makes sense, it's obviously outlawed here in PA too, as I searched eveywhere and nothing. Thanks

Trevor2

No problem.... I started using it for bowhunting deer as it doesnt have a strong smell and then last bow season I ran out and couldnt find it anywhere till I called Gary up at big south fork outdoors and he told me the story.... its good stuff. try looking online somewhere may find it.
Strutstopper

Bagg-it Tag-it

I live in TN and I believe Nashville Bass Pro has it.

Trevor2

Seriously? Thats strange. I even looked at the Bass Pro in Serveirville, Tn. If you use it buy it up, if my info was right then maybe its just some they had stored back....Idk
Strutstopper

Cutt

Found it online, didn't really care at this point what the price was, just wanted some.

Not too bad 5.59 each, buy 2- 4.59 each + shipping

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=153116&catid=137131&aid=337953&aparam=repel_permanone_insect_r&CAWELAID=61273495

Trevor2

O good lord im getting shafted, im paying 6.89 a can for it
Strutstopper

Number17

Stop paying for the overpriced premix stuff and make your own.  Just look for a water based insecticide that contains *only* permethrine as the active ingredient, and dilute it with water to a .5% solution.
I've used Ortho Total Kill, Cutter Bug Free Back Yard, and ACE brand permethrine concentrate.
I make about a dozen  16oz spray bottles with the concentrate and hand them out to whoever wants it.  It's that cheap.
Make sure you buy water based and not oil based.
Make sure it contains not other active ingredients other than permethrine.
Spray it on clothes the day before so it has a chance to dry
One coating lasts you for a month.
Check out this site:
http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2179977&fpart=1

Permanone is the marketing name for Permethrine
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

blacky

I have always got mine ay Walmart.
A  full line of calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

Devastator

sawyers is what i am going to use this year.

Cutt

Quote from: blacky on April 12, 2011, 05:56:11 PM
I have always got mine ay Walmart.

Me too, but no longer available there. If 1 Walmart quit carring it, yours will soon follow suit too, buy em up!

Cutt

Quote from: Number17 on April 12, 2011, 05:53:08 PM
Stop paying for the overpriced premix stuff and make your own.  Just look for a water based insecticide that contains *only* permethrine as the active ingredient, and dilute it with water to a .5% solution.
I've used Ortho Total Kill, Cutter Bug Free Back Yard, and ACE brand permethrine concentrate.
I make about a dozen  16oz spray bottles with the concentrate and hand them out to whoever wants it.  It's that cheap.
Make sure you buy water based and not oil based.
Make sure it contains not other active ingredients other than permethrine.
Spray it on clothes the day before so it has a chance to dry
One coating lasts you for a month.
Check out this site:
http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2179977&fpart=1

Permanone is the marketing name for Permethrine

Where were you 10 miutes ago?, I just ordered 2 cans :character0029:

Thanks, I'll remember that after I use them 2 cans up.

MDbowman

I get the sawyers liquid in a spray bottle at Dicks. Comes in a quart bottle for ~$10. But I am definitely going the route Number17 put up in the future.