OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2 for 3 in va!!!!

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, April 12, 2011, 12:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

well this new property is what you call a HONEY HOLE!!!!  yesterday was my bday and i was covered up in turkeys again, i heard 6-7 birds on the roost then like always all went quiet, well then so did i.  i let the turkeys go away and do there thing and sure enugh abut 9:30 a crow sounded off and so did a gobbler, after working this bird to about 100 yards another gobbler soounded off right where i just came from and then another 2 from the ridge i was on.  i thought well this aught to be easy, the last gobbled from all the birds was from the ones on my rige and they were about 60 yards out but that was it for the rest of the morning........well now onto this morning, i snuck down into the creek bottom where the day beofre started off and abut 545 a gobbler sounded off about 250 yards out.  well after all the gobbling i heard yesterday i didnt want to move to quick so the bird only gobbler about 5-6 times all together and they were about 10 minutes apart.  after it was light enough to where the birds should be on the ground i snuck up the huge ridge(more like a mini mountain) where the bird was gobbling, i set up on the side of the ridge and got settled in, the woods were dead silent so i let out a couple soft yelps on my trumpet call, nothing.......so i propped my gun on my knee and just sat back and started to listen.....well about a minute later i hear FFFFFFFTTTT-DMMMMMMMMM and there he his about 80 yards above me on the ridge.  he was coming in silent and all by himself.  when he went behind a large tree i turned my head and gave out a couple clucks and purrs, and thats all it took.  he came out of strut and made a line right down the ridge towards me.  he stopped a couple times to strut and when he hit about 30 yards he hit the dirt.....7:00 on the dot and we were headed out of the woods..               19.5 lbs, 10 1/4 beard, 1 1/4 spurs

[attachment deleted by admin]

njdevilsb

Hognutz

Congrats on a very nice bird.  :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Gobble!

Basser69

Congrats on a nice bird!  :z-guntootsmiley:

bowhunter84

bayou gobbler

Jskwru11

You sure about that man?  You sure you weren't poaching?  I was hunting there and I don't think you were supposed to be there.  2 birds killed already.  Something is wrong here.  I'm going to have to investigate by hunting there myself.

LOL!!! Congrats LIL MAN!!!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

turkey slayer

JVA54

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on a nice bird!!

trkycaller

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

cannonball