OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mistakes! We all make 'em.

Started by BLACKQUACK, April 12, 2011, 11:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLACKQUACK

Got a call from my buddy, who's on this forum, a little while ago.  Don't know all the details, but he told me he shot a hen by mistake and feels awful about it; like we all would.    Give him some love, cause he needs it right now.    Anybody else done something like this that they could kick themselves in the *** for?

Jay

Nope, and never downed a Hen Pheasant either, which is even easier to do with the sun in your eyes at times. I passed a shot on the biggest Gobbler I've ever seen, because I couldn't get a clear shot from all the Hens around him. Still makes me sick, especially since I had chased that bird for 2 previous years, and never came close to a shot. However, accidents can happen, and sometimes you don't even see the other bird, when you pull the trigger on the one you do. A friend's son shot a Gobbler, went over to pick it up, and there was a dead 2nd Gobbler directly behind the other one that was just coming over a hill with only his head showing, when he took a passing pattern aimed at the first bird.

BrowningGuy88

Nope, hadn't killed a hen, but I did accidentally kill two with one shot during the fall season cause I was shooting 2 3/4" #6's and only a full choke for squirrels when I walked up on them and when I shot the first one the other was just too close. I live close to the warden, went and explained what happened and everything ended up okay. I was pretty worried about losing a license or getting fined!