Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How do you remove the beard on your gobbler?

Started by spitndrum, April 12, 2011, 10:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitndrum

Do you peel it off?
Do you cut it off?

I peel mine off it come right off like a bandaid and no meat it on the end of it to have to dry, I was freaked out when my buddy did it to my 1st one but after that I do all mine like this, have had 2 fan mounted in my house for 4 years and never had any hairs fall out?

FireFly908

I just pull my beards straight out, dry the end with Borax and then hot glue the end prior to mounting it.  Haven't had any problems.

Hognutz

I cut mine out. And then I use Borax soap on them. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

vicksburg

I just yank em out like a feather...cause, well, they are feathers.  Get a firm grip at the base and pull!  Will pop right out, clean, and just like a feather.
]

Basser69

hobbes

Like above.........grab em close to the base and yank em right out.  No flesh to worry about.

Reloader

I cut mine out, remove excess skin, lay on cardboard with a little pile of laundry detergent poured on the base to keep the bugs off of it..  They will hold together better than yanking them out.  You can also break strands when yanking them.

CSAW

I have had them seperate after pulling them out, but not all of them.  Sounds like the hot glue idea would be the trick. 

turkey slayer

mudhen

Cut, trim up, and apply powdered boric acid (I don't like using Borax detergent).  

I've seen several break when yanked, and some fall apart after yanking...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: spitndrum on April 12, 2011, 10:19:44 AMI peel mine off it come right off like a bandaid and no meat it on the end of it to have to dry, I was freaked out when my buddy did it to my 1st one but after that I do all mine like this
x2 :icon_thumright:

stinkpickle

Quote from: vicksburg on April 12, 2011, 11:57:18 AM
I just yank em out like a feather...cause, well, they are feathers.  Get a firm grip at the base and pull!  Will pop right out, clean, and just like a feather.

Yep.  Just pop it.

renegade19

Quote from: hobbes on April 12, 2011, 12:30:27 PM
Like above.........grab em close to the base and yank em right out.  No flesh to worry about.

Same here.  Works good for me.