turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Illinois Turkey season

Started by two2birdy, April 12, 2011, 08:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

two2birdy

How's everyones turkey season going in Illinois? I have not gone out yet hoping my one and only third season tag does me good.

Cove

JPD298

I didnt score on my 1st season Pope county tag.  Heard a few birds, but were henned up almost the entire time.  Every time I'd get one comin my way I would get cut of by a hen ???  Was pretty frustrating!

BLACKQUACK

Got one in Montgomery Co.  yesterday about 8:30.    I started a shouting match with a couple of hens several hundred yards away.  Every time I called they raised all kind of hell, yelping and cutting, and I gave it back at them as loud and obnoxious as I could.  After about 15 minutes, 2 hens came into view about 50 yards out, headed for my 2 hen decoys. A minute or so later mister big boy came strutten into range.  First tag used two hours into the first season.    :thanks:

hobbes

looking forward to a good season in 3rd and 4th.

Tbird

Hunted with a buddy the thurs. Of 1st season. We sat down at 6:20 and he pulled the trigger at 6:45. Hope that kinda luck keeps goin for me. I've got 3rd 4th and 5th. I can't wait for fri that's when it all begins!

papabuzzard

Opening morning in Montgomery County was overcast with light rain but the toms were gobbling.  At 7:00 I had a tom come walking out of the timber to check out my decoys which were in a grassy field.  He never made it to the decoys - I shot him when he was about 20 yards from me.

Next hunt will be in southern Indiana and then fifth season here again.