North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Who is hunting?

Started by jarbo03, April 03, 2017, 07:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Quote from: Happy on April 20, 2017, 08:31:40 PM
Just picked up another 3,000 acres to hunt in MD. Should be hunting it in a week or two.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Dangggg!

Happy

Yes it's a good deal. Beauty of it is that it borders the 65,000 acres I have to hunt in wv and the backside of a state forest. Finally free to start hunting tomorrow. Made it out two days so far. One it was raining sideways and the other should have resulted in a dead bird but didnt. Was repositioning on a bird when I called to check him I had one cut loose behind me. Thought I had time to turn around. I was wrong. Time to get serious now. On the bright side I have called in four jakes to gun range. Be good next year.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

spurman

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Happy

No joy today. Set up on a tom this morning. After letting him fly down I managed to get a hen good and riled. She was coming fast with the tom gobbling right along with her cutting. Unfortunately he was stopped about 150 yards from me by what sounded like a 22 hornet. Walked to the rise and watched the fellow March into the field to claim him. So that's that.

jarbo03

Weather finally turned nice and the old man got on the board.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

spurman

spurman

Quote from: Happy on April 28, 2017, 10:46:28 AM
No joy today. Set up on a tom this morning. After letting him fly down I managed to get a hen good and riled. She was coming fast with the tom gobbling right along with her cutting. Unfortunately he was stopped about 150 yards from me by what sounded like a 22 hornet. Walked to the rise and watched the fellow March into the field to claim him. So that's that.

That sucks big time. >:(

Happy

It happens. Today was a bit better.

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.