OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Opening Day Success !!! Tribute to a good friend

Started by pittboss, April 11, 2011, 10:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pittboss

Had a great hunt this morning..................... almost to quick. Birds gobbled very little on the roost this morning but I was able to call one in and put him back to sleep about 40 min after shooting time.
This hunt meant a lot as I was going to the same spot that I hunted opening day last year with my  best friend and turkey hunting partner who passed away this year in January. I new that my friend was with me this morning as I hunted especially since TRKYHTR made me a beautiful walnut glass memorial call in his honor which I carried in my vest. My friend never called to much but I figured if he was still with me in the woods I could teach him a thing or two. Needless to say this hunt was all that I could ever asked for, I was able to convince this nice two year old gobbler to come in and close the book on a very sad but bittersweet moment in my turkey hunting memories.

Here is my memorial call from TRKYHTR

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

harvester

congrats on a good bird, I'm sure your hunting buddy was right there with you, sorry about your loss of your friend and hunting partner.  :jesus-cross:

Hognutz

Congrats on the bird. I'm sure you had a more than a little ''Heavenly Guidance'' during the hunt..Well done, Pittboss..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

TRKYHTR

Congrats on your opening day success Pittboss. I'm glad I was a little part of it. Good luck with the rest of your season.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

JVA54

:icon_thumright:   Congrats!!

turkey slayer

Congrats!!! I'm sure your buddy has a big grin on his face!!

hookedspur

Quote from: harvester on April 11, 2011, 10:18:12 PM
congrats on a good bird, I'm sure your hunting buddy was right there with you, sorry about your loss of your friend and hunting partner.  :jesus-cross:
:agreed: :icon_thumright: :angry9:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

njdevilsb

Congrats on the opening day success.

Basser69

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: harvester on April 11, 2011, 10:18:12 PM
congrats on a good bird, I'm sure your hunting buddy was right there with you, sorry about your loss of your friend and hunting partner.  :jesus-cross:
x2

Bigsho69

hobbes

socalturkeyman

Pittboss great bird CONGRATS! :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

bowhunter84

LX_Trkyhntr

Congrats!!  I know the feeling, I had a friend pass away this past September, I carried something of his with me all fall while bowhunting!! :you_rock:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i