OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rem 870 20 gauge choke comparisons

Started by Swampfoxforeman, April 28, 2017, 10:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampfoxforeman

Anyone have comparisons for different chokes for a Rem 870 20 gauge with LBs? I have the factory super full turkey choke.

turkeykiller41

I would try that superfull I have always had good results with it,make sure to post your results I am curious myself but I ain't found any LBs yet

Buford

Remmy 11-87, 21 inch barrel, 20 gauge with rem super full choke and longbeard 5s, put 89 in 10 inch circle at 40 yards. Same gun with a trulock hw7 choke put 121 in 10 in. At 40 yds. With longbeard 5s.           Buford

Buford

Also tried carlson .575, undertaker .575, primos maximum .570, super full remington .572 and non were worth a hoot. From what I have read here on OG it looks like something in the range of .550 to .568 does best. Carlson's new choke for 20 gauge longbeards is .568. SSX is .550 or .555 range. Also something ported looks like it might be best. I will wait and buy another choke in May  from trulock or carlson and take from what they recomend.      Buford

Swampfoxforeman

I have the LB I think #5 in 20 gauge. I ordered mine off line from Macs just shipping no tax. Came out the same if I ordered through Cabelas and used that $2 mail in rebate. Cabelas charges shipping and tax.