turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Whats all the hype over the 870 youth?

Started by CrustyRusty, April 27, 2017, 04:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrustyRusty

Well... now I know!  I happened to stroll in to a Walmart during some travels and sitting in the case was a 870 compact camo.  It was the only one they had and I picked it up and fell in love. 

Unfortunately I was unable to find a suitable choke for it, but I had to at least shoot it.  I threw on some old mis-matched sights I had laying around and went to my range and checked for poi.  After getting it dialed in I even took a couple of shots with HW 7's and got 76 and 78 in the ten at 40 with a very even pattern.  I cant wait to see what it will do with a proper turkey choke.

Here she is:

nyhunter

:icon_thumright: welcome to the club. put a good choke in it and you'll never carry a heavy 12ga again. i get great patterns outta mine with both the sumtoy562-5 and trulock fed. hw coke

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Greg Massey

Glad you finally seen the light...you will really like it....love mine....

coonhunter

I got the same gun for my son.  I'm shooting a carlson .575 and fed hwt #7.  Getting 130's in the 10 at 40.  It shot real good with the factory full choke as well.
Joshua 24:15

gatrkyhntr70

What kind of price was it at wally world?
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

daddyduke

Nice Buy! I have 2 870 20 gauge (26 & 21 inch barrels) Had great luck with H.S. Strut Undertaker choke. Non-ported
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Stumpy225

:newmascot:welcome to da club. Mine loves a Sumtoy choke.

3bailey3

I have a Benelli M2 that I love but i'am going to get me Remington youth or compact in the 21 inch barrel soon, I hunt with a few that don't have a ture turkey gun and I let them use mine, a good reason to get a spare right!

Chris O

Quote from: 3bailey3 on December 10, 2017, 05:44:57 PM
I have a Benelli M2 that I love but i'am going to get me Remington youth or compact in the 21 inch barrel soon, I hunt with a few that don't have a ture turkey gun and I let them use mine, a good reason to get a spare right!
Sounds valid to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

Hey Chris glad my wife thinks all guns look alike, she will never no!

CrustyRusty

I got it for $269...a steal in my mind. I don't know if it was missed marked or not but I was comfortable with that price for sure

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on December 07, 2017, 11:13:23 AM

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: CrustyRusty on December 11, 2017, 08:39:58 AM
I got it for $269...a steal in my mind. I don't know if it was missed marked or not but I was comfortable with that price for sure

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on December 07, 2017, 11:13:23 AM
Thanks for the reply, Great deal!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

3bailey3

I have saw same gun for $369.. Sad most Wal marts have quit selling guns!