OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Conditioning my friction calls?

Started by waterfowler22, April 11, 2011, 08:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterfowler22

What do you guys use to condition the calling surface of your slate calls?

I also have a perfection screamin demon 2 which I believe is glass, what should I use for that?

And how about strikers, what do you guys do to them?

selinoid44

I prefer to use the purple 3M Scotchbrite pad on my slate calls, working it one way only. Don't do it in a circular motion. On the glass I use 100 grit sandpaper and I also will use the sandpaper on my strikers working from the center out while turning the striker. Some folks like to use up to 220 on thier strikers.
Hope that will help you.

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Quote from: selinoid44 on April 11, 2011, 10:12:09 PM
I prefer to use the purple 3M Scotchbrite pad on my slate calls, working it one way only. Don't do it in a circular motion. On the glass I use 100 grit sandpaper and I also will use the sandpaper on my strikers working from the center out while turning the striker. Some folks like to use up to 220 on thier strikers.
Hope that will help you.
I use a slick stick or 100 grit sand paper, green scrotchbrite on my slates.

hookedspur

Quote from: 3.5inchpainfulldeath on April 11, 2011, 10:48:35 PM
Quote from: selinoid44 on April 11, 2011, 10:12:09 PM
Hope that will help you.

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

RaspyD

Quote from: waterfowler22 on April 11, 2011, 08:56:01 PM
What do you guys use to condition the calling surface of your slate calls?

I also have a perfection screamin demon 2 which I believe is glass, what should I use for that?

And how about strikers, what do you guys do to them?
That call has been etched so it has already been conditioned.  Use some Scotch-Brite occasionally to clean off the surface...same thing with the striker tips.

Good luck!!
Perfection Turkey Calls

LilFridWV

Slick stik by Primos. Comes with everything to make you calls sound great. :z-guntootsmiley:

bowhunter84

Quote from: LilFridWV on April 12, 2011, 02:09:06 PM
Slick stik by Primos. Comes with everything to make you calls sound great. :z-guntootsmiley:
:agreed: i love mine :icon_thumright:

4nwtf

another vote for slick stick and scotch brite, also use sand paper on my strikers working it middle to outside while rotating striker