OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Young Ladies First and 2 Others!!

Started by MK M GOBL, April 17, 2017, 09:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

So I had a few kids out for the Wisconsin Youth Season this Past weekend and we had some luck!!

Kaylinn (11yr old) was with me and we had a few things happen, short story was after a miss on a bird I put her on my scoped 12ga. I ended up with some Winchester Super X 12ga 2 3/4" #4's Gray Box, now she was a bit recoil shy and that is why she had her 20ga, but she had a hard time getting down on the gun and shot high. After I let her look through my scope and explained what to do, she does shoot a 12ga for trap league. Once she seen the shell and it looked like her trap loads she was ready to go. I had her with my 1187 on a rest that held the gun and is ground mounted (Staked down). Well I had the bird at 14 yards when she squeezed the trigger BIRD DOWN! After all that I asked her about shooting my 12ga and her first thing back was "Can I use it next year" :) Done Deal.

Second part of the weekend was Ryan and Sam who both scored their second birds! 2 more longbeards down for the weekend.
Bit of a story with Wyatt, he is Kaylinn's older brother and was told he couldn't shoot until his sister got hers... bad deal was we ended up letting a bird walk because she couldn't shoot and he could have... He held to his word and didn't shoot.

Weekend couldn't have been much better!

MK M GOBL

nsselle

Bowguy

mgm1955