turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Black Hills Tom

Started by BHhunter, April 11, 2011, 11:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BHhunter

My son put this one to bed last night, and I went out this morning (he had school). Made some coyote howls and not a peep. Walked farther in howling once in a while and still nothing. Walked to the other side of the ridge and howled, not a peep. Took a few steps and flushed a group of hens. Walked another 100 yards making some calls on the box. After a couple hundred yards got a gobble from a ways off. Stopped put on my face mask and gloves, got a mouth call in and hit the box one more time and he about blew my hat off. Dug my feet into the steep hill I was on and leaned against a tree and immediately saw the top of his head and tail fan. Made a few soft yelps on the mouth call to get him to clear the edge of a mound he was coming over then dropped him at 27 steps. Mossy 835, factory ulti mag choke, Federal 3 1/2 #5 FCW. 9" beard and 7/8" spurs. Shortest first gobble to shot I've ever had. Home before my son was out of bed for school. Not sure how this pic will be, having trouble getting it small enough to be accepted.

[attachment deleted by admin]

turkey slayer

Hognutz

Congrats on the quick hunt. He sure is a pretty bird. Well done..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

hobbes

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

bayou gobbler

headbanger

Nice bird....how'd your son take it? :whip2:

headbanger

OLE RASPY

Trip

BHhunter

Quote from: headbanger on April 11, 2011, 01:05:34 PM
Nice bird....how'd your son take it? :whip2:

headbanger
He wasn't happy that I was going hunting and he had to go to school, but he knows there's more gobblers up there. I had been scouting those birds for several weeks now, so it was a team effort. It's payback, I've put him on more birds and bucks over the last 5 years and let my tags go unfilled to let him have the joy.

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Bigsho69

870supermagnum

Now that's gettin' the job done quick.  Congrats!   :happy0064:

Basser69